What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking for a file management app...

Mactire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for an iPad,
But since I'm going to use it for school I need some sort of file management.
I have several classes with a varaity of file formats and like to organise them that way.

I did a search on the forum, but am not quite sure yet.

Basicly I'm looking for an app that lets me manage files on the iPad. Sort files according to class, several filetypes per folder like .doc .ppt .xls and .pdf
Preferbly not an online service, dropbox is nice, but wifi is not available in the train or through the entire college.

I hope such an app exists, this is a real dealbreaker for me.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I personally LOVE files HD, I pretty much use it for that exact purpose. I have multiple folders based on subject, then folders within that based on class number, and inside those Ive got word files, powerpoints, and pdfs of course. Of course you can only view the files, not edit them in any way from the app itself. It is an offline app, but you do have the option to link a dropbox account to it. A lot of other people use the goodreader app, but i for one find it to be overstuffed with features i dont need. If you like simple organization, go with files, if you would like to do more you could try the goodreader app.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mactire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll check out Files HD, sounds a lot like the app I need.
Good of you to mention the editing of files. That's quite important too!

I've also read about Wizzfolio, I have to search the forum about this.

Perhaps a different office suite but iWorks would provide the proper tools.
As long as it can edit word, exell and powerpoint and (perhaps) read pdf, I'm ok.

I'll check it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts