What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Happy With My 3

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the recent announcement of the iP4 I'm going to be those who won't upgrade as I'm happy with my 3.

I got tired of the upgrade game with PC's not going to do it here.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I've not been pleased with Apple lately and I think I learned my lesson about early adopting with the iPhone 5. Apple's response( or lack thereof) to those of us who got scratched or nicked phones has been not impressive.

My iPad 3 works just fine, I've only had it 7 months. I'm getting off of the " have to have the latest gadget" merry go round. I'm done.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 3 for less than 3-weeks....
Am I disappointed? Not one bit......

Technology marches on (thank God) and I purchase when I feel the time is right for me and the product has what I want.
Is anything different now from when I purchased my iPad 3? No!

It still works flawlessly, does exactly what I want it to do, and I continue to be thrilled using it.

If anyone here thinks they got ripped off by Apple, shame on you. What do you expect with technology?
Time doesn't stand still....
It changes every day and if you are going to wait for the latest and greatest thing to come along you will never purchase anything.
I feel sorry for those that have to have the latest and greatest of everything.....must be a bummer to never be happy.

Three week old iPad 3 owner here and happy as can be......time <and technology>marches on. :thumbs:

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with my iPad 3. I'm happy with my iPhone 5. I do not feel like Apple has screwed me over or ripped me off or done anything but continue to make quality products that I want to buy.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was using my iPad 2 for navigation today. I shaved hours off a delivery route, saving a not inconsiderable amount of money by doing so. I'm still very pleased with my 16Gb iPad 2. If, at some point, I buy a new one, I certainly will not give up using this one. It still does everything I expect of it.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying hard to be happy but it is a challenge. Good opportunity for me to grow as a person :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have a 32GB ipad2 and it does everything i want,i do not intend upgrading now or in the near future.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
I am following the same path I did with my iPad 1. I upgrade when the hardware will not receive the latest OS. I went from the 1 to the 3 back in July. there is nothing I want to do but cant on my iPad 3. the iPad is not my gaming machine, and there are only a few games I actually play and even the beefiest one has no issue on the iPad 3.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I have my retina iPad 3, it is every other year for the same product (I have a 4S, so will wait on the 5S). I'm sure the iPad 5 will be a bigger leap than this processor/connector update.

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I am pretty happy with the ipad 3. I think I will skip this round and wait for the 5.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not unhappy with my 3, but I am far from convinced that Apple did themselves a favor with this upgrade. Goodwill and confidence in the value of what you buy has long term benefits. With the competition that is surfacing in this market, I think this quick upgrade will cost many of those who have the desire to stay current. Resale values have been impacted too soon and too unexpectedly for many to forget. We will see. I have a different feeling about the cycle now than before.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with my ipad 3 as well, heck I was good to go with my ipad 2 but my son dropped it, I for one am an apple lover/loyalist and look forward to buying the newest tablet when the time is right.

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, my iPad 3 was a leap from my previous 1G. I wouldn't go from a one to a two to a three to a four G. Can't afford it for one, and the step from the 1 to the 3 still suits my purposes just fine. I don't want to deal with the sockets and adapters problem either. The extra speed might be nice.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm fine with my iPad 3. I suspect the biggest reason for the new iPad is so Apple can make the transition to the new Lightning connector as quickly as possible. Stretching it out can only complicate their supply chain and fragment the peripheral market further. There is no happy-face way to make the transition, but quicker means the pain will be over (and forgotten) sooner. In six months they can probably reduce their own manufacturing of 30pin adaptors to a minimum, and rely on third party suppliers to take care of the installed base beyond what comes in the package.

I will not be surprised if they update the iPad 2 with a Lightning connector some time soon; a minor refresh.

The speed upgrade was probably just because they could. No reason to hold back on that if it was ready. This should have only a small impact on what apps will run, given that app developers are not going to want to lose out on the millions of potential customers that already have iPad 3's, and to a slightly lesser extent the iPad 2's.

What I'm concentrating on now is how I'm going to afford one of those new iMacs. (drool).

Last edited:

Most reactions