What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smart covers

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't cover the rear camera if you fold it in half on itself in the back.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart covers ... protection and convenience

iPad2 is a break-thru product ... being thinner and a bit lighter ... makes holding it in one hand while reading much easier ... less tiring.

This is a key feature.

This has to be experienced, not just imagining and thinking what else is needed.

But iPAD in its original wrap around case is clumsy to hold in comparison to iPAD2 with nothing added for protection.

Do we really need extra protection while using it? ... I suggest not.

When adding full-wrap protection cases we lose something... sometimes a lot. Even protector Invisible Screens, may impact display detailing.

Naturally we don't want scratches, abrasion spots, etc. Apple uses Gorilla optical grade glass over the screen ... it is really tough to scratch ... the nice wrap around aluminum case is also tough ... yes aluminum is softer and depending on how we handle it ... stays that way... my skin certainly won't scratch it.

The covers, cases, non-scratch films are sold because of human error. They do get dropped (didn't mean to), Whoops, scratched it ... (don't like that) ... so we wrap it up.

Because we get in a hurry, just leave it in its case, and I'll just use it that way, because I can't screw it up if I do something stupid. But we just lost thinness, added some weight ... now it is more clumsy to handle.

What to do? To each their own. I for one will use our new iPAD2 as is, right out of the box. No invisi-shields, No wrap around cases, etc.

I think the Apple's magnetic cover is slick. EZ to remove to use it ... Snaps nicely into place when not using it ... Nice triangular stand ... great design.

For travel, I have a neat bag. That's it folks. Just my concept. Try it ... you might find Apple made a fabulous product just the way it is.

Enjoy your latest and greatest purchase. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts