What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

im dissapointed in the lack of quality control on ipad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many ways of expressing opinions without insulting.
You ruined a great response on your part with what you have as a clear, valid concern by expressing yourself in this manner.

Last edited by a moderator:

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry you have troubles but my iPad is perfect.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You ruined a great response on your part with what you have as a clear, valid concern by expressing yourself in this manner.

As I already PM'd to SweetPoison, I was calling the example as such and not the person. Regardless, I apologize. Didn't know that would be considered "insulting".

I just get tired of apologists for any of their favorite tech. Android people do it all the same (I have a Thunderbolt phone, iPad2 for tablet). Whenever anything QC comes up they have to make excuses. Apple screwed up here -- let's not just gloss over it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As I already PM'd to SweetPoison, I was calling the example as such and not the person. Regardless, I apologize. .

Yes he did ~ so this is squashed.

TJdaSportsGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 2 at Best Buy on launch day. It has a slight light leakage problem around the bottom corner edges. Not a problem during the day, but when reading with the Kindle app at night with the black background and white text, it's quite noticeable to me. Do you think an Apple store would replace it because of this?

I can't say for sure but I'd be shocked if they didn't. My wife's iPad 1 had slowed to a crawl. No clue as to why. I even did a factory restore and even with zero apps installed, the thing was still sluggish as hell.

One trip to our local Apple Store and within 10 minutes, she walked out of there with a brand new iPad 1. That experience COMPLETELY sold me on Apple and was the reason I went iPad 2 rather than Motorola Xoom, even though I'm more of an Android guy.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first iPad's hardware had issues. The volume switch wouldn't increase only decrease, I sent it back and got another one. My current iPad also seems to have connection issues, not only with iTunes but recognizing it's charging.

So it's not a case that the original iPad didn't have any issues. Every high tech product out there has some type of issue, I challenge anyone to name one hand held high tech product that's perfect.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As I already PM'd to SweetPoison, I was calling the example as such and not the person. Regardless, I apologize. Didn't know that would be considered "insulting".

I just get tired of apologists for any of their favorite tech. Android people do it all the same (I have a Thunderbolt phone, iPad2 for tablet). Whenever anything QC comes up they have to make excuses. Apple screwed up here -- let's not just gloss over it.
I dont see anyone glossing over or apologizing for Apple. Posting that their iPad is not broken isn't apologizing, its simply reporting facts. Apple is replacing any iPads that are defective even if they have to wait for more stock to come in.

Excellent quality control goes way beyond how products work right off the assembly line. It extends to providing quality assurance at the point of purchase. And Apple is doing that extremely well.

iomega311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine actually came with a small scratch on the screen... Nothing too major, but a scratch none-the-less...
I put an invisible shield on it about 10 minutes after I got my iPad though and the scratch is no longer visible with the invisible shield. I'm not too picky... But to be fair, I did spend $630 on it...

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine actually came with a small scratch on the screen... Nothing too major, but a scratch none-the-less...
I put an invisible shield on it about 10 minutes after I got my iPad though and the scratch is no longer visible with the invisible shield. I'm not too picky... But to be fair, I did spend $630 on it...

Why not take it back for one with no scratch? It's very hard to scratch the screen, it must have seen some abuse.

iomega311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Why not take it back for one with no scratch? It's very hard to scratch the screen, it must have seen some abuse.

I briefly considered it... But I live in a small town in Idaho... Closest Apple store being 4 hours away, and took 3 weeks for my iPad to be delivered. I wanted it too bad to send it back and wait 3+ weeks for a new one or drive 4 hours to be told they are out of stock. :)

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I dont see anyone glossing over or apologizing for Apple. Posting that their iPad is not broken isn't apologizing, its simply reporting facts. Apple is replacing any iPads that are defective even if they have to wait for more stock to come in.

Excellent quality control goes way beyond how products work right off the assembly line. It extends to providing quality assurance at the point of purchase. And Apple is doing that extremely well.

Making excuses for quality control is definitely glossing over the problem.

"I don't have the issue so not a big deal"

Actually, yes, its a big deal. Same as Antenna-gate -- it's real and it's a problem. I guess I'm holding my iPad 2 wrong if I'm getting this backlight issue? lol

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a reminder to keep this thread civil or it will be closed.

It's civil. I just think anyone that tries to make a serious problem seem less by trying to act like it's no big deal is definitely "glossing over" it.

Whatever we try to describe it as doesn't matter. Apple makes good products, but their QC lately has left a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions