What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikeywi hd ios7 question

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the arrow keys on ikeywi hd working on ios7 on the ipad?

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use the arrow keys that come with iKeywi (I use SwipeSelection). So, I've got no idea why they aren't working. I did try to put them on my keyboard in the position they would be in on a fresh install but no go. They didn't work...

So, the only thing I can suggest is to contact the developer and report the bug. He seems to be very responsive (he answered me back right away on a different issue I had). That's all I can think of. Sorry.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't believe the arrow keys work on iKeyWi HD. I had them a little while back but they didn't respond properly. However, if you'd like to try (I don't have my iPad on me) but you can try putting @up, @down, @left and @right on different keys and see if they work. It does on iKeyWi2 for the smaller form factor devices, but I think an iKeyWi2 HD may be in the makings.

OP
D

dahauss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if they dont work, what's a good replacement for those? meaning what keys are useful that are not already there?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's up to the user really. I keep @, email address, ' and I believe \ on the non-shift/alt keyboard since I use them the most so I wouldn't need to tap on shift/alt. I don't believe you can completely remove the keys if you don't find a use for them.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I make my keys be the same for "shift off" and "shift on" (makes it easier for me to always know where my most common keys are regardless of the shift button). Like this:

jygu4yte.jpg

Of course and as always, YMMV. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts