What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth Keyboard Up/Down Arrows Don't Work Since iOS7 Upgrade

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use the Logitech Solar Bluetooth keyboard and since iOS7, the up/down arrows do not work when using Apps. Arrows do work with iPad2 installed applications. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it an iOS7 issue or a Logitech issue? Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
use the Logitech Solar Bluetooth keyboard and since iOS7, the up/down arrows do not work when using Apps. Arrows do work with iPad2 installed applications. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it an iOS7 issue or a Logitech issue? Thanks

Hi Rick - your issue piqued my interest - I have an iPad 2 upgraded to iOS 7.0.2 & an Apple BT KB - just tried it on a recipe app (Paprika) and indeed the 'up & down' keys no longer seem to work; I pulled the batteries, reinserted, and still no help. SO, tried the KB w/ Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Notes, & a wine app and all the directional keys function properly. I'm assuming that if your arrow keys work w/ other apps like mine, then the issue may be a needed update of the app rather than the KB - at least that is what I'm thinking at the moment - just sent Paprika a 'bug report' - will await there response. But please let us know if you come up w/ an explanation. Dave :)

OP
Rick9948

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rick - your issue piqued my interest - I have an iPad 2 upgraded to iOS 7.0.2 & an Apple BT KB - just tried it on a recipe app (Paprika) and indeed the 'up & down' keys no longer seem to work; I pulled the batteries, reinserted, and still no help. SO, tried the KB w/ Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Notes, & a wine app and all the directional keys function properly. I'm assuming that if your arrow keys work w/ other apps like mine, then the issue may be a needed update of the app rather than the KB - at least that is what I'm thinking at the moment - just sent Paprika a 'bug report' - will await there response. But please let us know if you come up w/ an explanation. Dave :)
Thanks Dave, I will. Facebook, Twitter and several other apps are affected. Will send 'bug' reports.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This "issue" is also present with the Zagg Wireless Keyboard/Case. And yes, it does seem to be Ap specific. Good luck getting any changes in Facebook. They must have a full plate because I've been asking for improvements to "copy/paste" for over a year... nada. Also: Copy/paste in FB is non-existent, need to use Safari/Facebook for copy/paste. Also "translate" is not available. Grrrrrrrrr

OP
Rick9948

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This "issue" is also present with the Zagg Wireless Keyboard/Case. And yes, it does seem to be Ap specific. Good luck getting any changes in Facebook. They must have a full plate because I've been asking for improvements to "copy/paste" for over a year... nada. Also: Copy/paste in FB is non-existent, need to use Safari/Facebook for copy/paste. Also "translate" is not available. Grrrrrrrrr
I found a work-around for F/B copy/paste issue: Place cursor where desired and it will disappear, type any letter there and cursor appears after letter, at that point, the paste function will work, just remember to delete the letter you typed. Aggregating, but it solves a problem.

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a work-around for F/B copy/paste issue: Place cursor where desired and it will disappear, type any letter there and cursor appears after letter, at that point, the paste function will work, just remember to delete the letter you typed. Aggregating, but it solves a problem.

OK, I'll give this a try. My main need for "copy/paste" is that over half my "friends" in FB are Spanish speaking... and I'm not quite fluent. So I need to paste over to my translation ap a lot. Thanks Again.

Most reactions