What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iFile - The ultimate filesystem manager

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you download that PDF reader app, no, iFile won't use it to open a PDF file within its default viewing field. However, iFile does have an "Open In..." type of function. It won't specifically say "Open In...", but when you select to open a PDF in iFile, you will get a pop-up that will include the option to select the default iFile "PDF Viewer" or the apps that can read PDFs.

Hope that makes sense and that I've understood your question correctly. If not, please holler back and we'll take another stab at it.

Marilyn

gadefer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
If you download that PDF reader app, no, iFile won't use it to open a PDF file within its default viewing field. However, iFile does have an "Open In..." type of function. It won't specifically say "Open In...", but when you select to open a PDF in iFile, you will get a pop-up that will include the option to select the default iFile "PDF Viewer" or the apps that can read PDFs.

Hope that makes sense and that I've understood your question correctly. If not, please holler back and we'll take another stab at it.

Marilyn

Thanks for the answer! That worked great!

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
graywolf said:
You can select multiple items at a time.
Tap "edit" in the top right. Then tap on each file you want to cut or copy.
Then tap the clipboard icon in the bottom right and tap copy or cut.

As for sorting, tap the gear icon in the bottom left, and in the window that pops up, you can sort using different ways in the "sort criteria" and "sort order" menus.

How do i upload multiple files to my iPad from my pc? when i go to the URL to upload it only allows me to select one file at a time.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do i upload multiple files to my iPad from my pc? when i go to the URL to upload it only allows me to select one file at a time.

What URL are you trying to access? The quote you have talks about copying within iFile, so I'm a little confused as to what you are attempting to do? Could you expand your question/issue? Thanks.

Marilyn

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
What URL are you trying to access? The quote you have talks about copying within iFile, so I'm a little confused as to what you are attempting to do? Could you expand your question/issue? Thanks.

Marilyn

He's talking about the wifi transfer I guess. I think you can only upload one item at a time, ifile is probably not suited for your task, your best off with photosync, this allows you to transfer as many videos and photos as you like from pc to ipad, ipad to iphone or ipad to pc etc. This can be done either by wifi or bluetooth. Its not free but an excellent program as I'm sure others will agree.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

Sorry for the confusion. I only quoted that to get an answer from graywolf...

I am going to the ip address ifile gives to access iPad from your pc. When there I am trying to upload a custom theme. There are many files and folders to upload. Just seems like there has to be a better way than ONE FILE AT A TIME.....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I see - thanks for clearing that up. :)

May I suggest, however, for mass movement such as what you're trying - use something like iFunbox. You hook your iPad up to the computer with the USB cord (with iTunes closed), start iFunbox and then you can drag/drop files all day long ... and in big batches, too. I've moved whole themes around (to and from the iPad) with one click after selection.

TBH, while iFile is great for working ON the iPad, I sure wouldn't want to use it to get stuff TO the iPad. A quick file transfer program like iFunbox is much easier. Of course, and as always ... YMMV.

Marilyn

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
Mickey330 said:
Oh, I see - thanks for clearing that up. :)

May I suggest, however, for mass movement such as what you're trying - use something like iFunbox. You hook your iPad up to the computer with the USB cord (with iTunes closed), start iFunbox and then you can drag/drop files all day long ... and in big batches, too. I've moved whole themes around (to and from the iPad) with one click after selection.

TBH, while iFile is great for working ON the iPad, I sure wouldn't want to use it to get stuff TO the iPad. A quick file transfer program like iFunbox is much easier. Of course, and as always ... YMMV.

Marilyn

Thats why you're a SUPER moderator! :). Thanks!
Teresa

matsuri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heya, I wanted to ask if there is some two column file manager like totalcmd
thx

Zhang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can ifile be used to move apps from ipad to sd card using camera kit. Ipad is jailbroken.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse me, where can I find ifunbox?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IanHHH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love ifile on the jailbroken ipad it should have been how the ipad was made in the first place.
How do I download an image off the net (say with Safari or other browser) and save it directly to an SD card in my camera connection card. (Ipad 2 jailbroke with iFile)
I have succesfully downloaded images into the ipad via Safari by saving the file but Safari does not allow me to select where the image goes. Then I have to transfer the files to the card and delete the files from the ipad.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love ifile on the jailbroken ipad it should have been how the ipad was made in the first place.
How do I download an image off the net (say with Safari or other browser) and save it directly to an SD card in my camera connection card. (Ipad 2 jailbroke with iFile)
I have succesfully downloaded images into the ipad via Safari by saving the file but Safari does not allow me to select where the image goes. Then I have to transfer the files to the card and delete the files from the ipad.
Thanks

As far as I can tell, there is no way to download directly to an SD card. I just tried it, using the Cydia tweak "Safari Download Manager." and, when offered the ability to change the file destination, the furthest back I could get in the folder hierarchy was /var/mobile. I was not able to "see" the SD card that I had mounted.

So, I don't think it's possible. I believe you still have to do the extra step of cutting/pasting. I could have missed a step, though, so I'm willing to be corrected, however... :) Or, maybe the same kind of tweak for the Chrome app can do it. I don't have that tweak, so I couldn't try it out.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts