What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you ever wondered about the "myipadmedia" scam

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
If you ever wondered what is happens behind the myipadmeda scam, here is the scoop.

The sucker gives them $50, of that $50 the spammer who sent the sucker to that site gets $34. The other $16 goes to some clickmedia ripoff outfit.

Then the sucker that spent the $50 gets redirected to Feedbooks | Food for the mind with the addition of an "myipadmeda" banner across the top.

Feedbooks.com is a legit free site with public domain and free modern content from unsigned authors (try it out, it is actually pretty good) and they are doing everything they can to end the spammers from using their site.....

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you ever wondered what is happens behind the myipadmeda scam, here is the scoop.

The sucker gives them $50, of that $50 the spammer who sent the sucker to that site gets $34. The other $16 goes to some clickmedia ripoff outfit.

Then the sucker that spent the $50 gets redirected to Feedbooks | Food for the mind with the addition of an "myipadmeda" banner across the top.

Feedbooks.com is a legit free site with public domain and free modern content from unsigned authors (try it out, it is actually pretty good) and they are doing everything they can to end the spammers from using their site.....

Why don't you ban that donkey dung from posting here?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Why don't you ban that donkey dung from posting here?

We ban many per day.

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
Avoiding Scams

Thanks for posting this. The myPadMedia site has a veneer of legitimacy but it seemed far too good to be true. I found out it was when I emailed them directly on 1 May 2010 asking, What are the magazines available to subscribe to when I purchase a membership? I want to see a list of what I'm buying.

Their response (this is a cut & paste from their email): Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a list of media available as our database is added to daily, it would be very difficult to keep it up to date. We can assure you however our books are written by world recognized authors, the comic books available are those from the big brands like Marvel and DC, and our newspapers are the established well-known publications.

That was when I realized these people are definitely up to no good. But I hadn't realized what their MO actually was. Glad I didn't fall for it!

I also know the mods delete many bogus topics added by these people and countless others trying to get you to follow links to sites hawking dubious software, fake subscriptions, and blatant scams, so thanks for keeping the forum clean!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This should be stickied. And if anyone sees spam before I do make sure you post this animated gif like I do:

2edqclz.gif

I need to convert this one so that it has text and whatnot applicable to the situation:

boosigfail.gif

Most reactions

Latest posts