What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'd like your opinion on apps for printing from the iPad

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to buy an app that would allow me to print from my iPad. I've narrowed my choices down to either PrintCentral, PrintCentral Pro, or PrintNShare.

PrintCentral and the Pro version each get three and a half stars out of five. PrintNShare get four stars out of five. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I want to know what you think. Which is the better app? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using PrintCentral for several months and I find it's great. I print via my PC using the free WePrint app because my printer - a Samsung colour laser printer - is not directly supported by PrintCentral, even though it's a WiFi printer.

I didn't accept the most recent upgrade for PrintCentral, so I'm still able to take advantage of the in-app printing capability that was removed at the last upgrade because the Developers used an undocumented API in iOS, which Apple objected to.

Tim

Nonnanoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to get a portable printer that I can use directly with my iPad. I'd rather it be not be dependent on a wifi connection, because it is not always available to me. What would be the best choice?

Nonnanoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow... This has really been a frustrating thing....I bought the hp470 and then could never get it working with my iPad. I didn't know about the apps...I sure wish the tech people would have suggested it...
Live and learn i guess....
So you just keep a wireless router with younand then you can print from the iPad even with no wifi? Anything special about then router I need to know?
Thanks for the response..... I am really new at this...

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PrintnShare thru my XP Netbook via an Airport Express to an Epson printer plugged into the Airport Express. Took a while to get setup, but works good. I also have the Airport Express plugged into the stereo, so I can play music from my iPad through the stereo.

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PrintnShare thru my XP Netbook via an Airport Express to an Epson printer plugged into the Airport Express. Took a while to get setup, but works good. I also have the Airport Express plugged into the stereo, so I can play music from my iPad through the stereo.

Here's an FYI update.
Netbook died. Replaced with a Mac-mini. Can't get printer to work through airport express. AppleCare worked with me, but couldn't get it to work either. They said it was because there was no Internet connection on the airport express. Wonder why it worked on an XP system then? Anyway, I have given up on the wireless printing option, printer works fine plugged into the Mac-mini's USB port. Will be back tomorrow night, then will try putting printnShare in Mac-mini.

PrintnShare in Mini-Mac now, working fine.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts