What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
I want to upload all my photos from my PC "My Pictures" directory iCloud and perhaps buy some extra storage, as I read the blurb on iCloud it only puts the photos from the photo stream up there. Is this correct (?) or is there a way to save your photos to iCloud and retain the directories that I have created on my PC and see them in the app as directories on my iPad?
Will iTunes match be a better option for this?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any success with this either. I have tried repeatedly to use the iCloud control panel but nothing in my upload folder has ever been uploaded. In addition the iTunes match doesn't even upload all my music so at this point I am really kicking myself for buying extra storage for something that has not been that implemented well. I have 24.31 of 25 gb free.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At this time there is no method of storing your photo albums on iCloud.

I'd keep an eye on the third party photo organizers. They are the most likely to start offering an iCloud option in the near future.

Though I guess you could do it with GoodReader. GoodReader has the ability to store stuff in iCloud. However, it does not make for a great photo viewing app.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided iCloud was a great external 'in the sky' hard drive. But it wasn't a great place to store albums. So I'm back to using Zenfolio. I've been with them for many years, it is designed to store albums and it allows you to give access to your photography to people you choose. I think the leaders in this field is Flickr and Picasa. Photobucket is another website that allows you to store albums. I like Zenfolio because if someone wanted to buy my photos, it has a mechanism to purchase that photo.

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Thanks for all the advice, since I first posted I tried Box but the upload system is very poor then I remembered Sugarsync that I used years ago. I have just signed up for a 5GB free account the upload engine on my laptop seems to work OK and at the moment it's busy uploading 2.5GB. They also have a quite nice iPad app to access photos, the only drawback is the limited number apps you can import to, looks like I'll have to find a work-around for that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
At this time there is no method of storing your photo albums on iCloud.

I'd keep an eye on the third party photo organizers. They are the most likely to start offering an iCloud option in the near future.

Though I guess you could do it with GoodReader. GoodReader has the ability to store stuff in iCloud. However, it does not make for a great photo viewing app.

Then why does the icloud control panel have an upload folder? The more I try to use the icloud the more half-baked I realize it is. It royally screwed up my playlists. I guess I need to call Apple and ask for a refund on the extended storage I purchased in error. The only thing that seems to work is backing up and it doesn't even grandfather that.

Most reactions

Latest posts