What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud vs pc backup differences?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Am i correct in assuming that back ups to itunes contain all of the data on the device and icloud backups dont include game data,etc.?

Can you do complete restore from icloud backups?

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you restore from icloud?all i could get was photos,contacts,email.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can only restore from an icloud backup by completely wiping the device and starting as it was new, you then choose the backup from icloud option at the start.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple support rep told me that that wasnt possible.told me all i could recover was the previously mentioned.what if you have more than 5gb on the device?i have backed up to the cloud having 24gb of data on the device.no mention of needing more storage.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Is the 24Gb your talking about merely what space you have used on your ipad? As itunes bought media and apps don't count towards your icloud backup allowance (they are already on apples servers so why back them up again), so a large part of that 24 Gb won't be counted. Don't worry icloud backup does include a list of this content and will just restore it direct from apples servers if you restore.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When i restore from a pc ,i get an image of the ipad.everything from my ipad1 was transferred to my ipad 2, including my non itunes media and game data.24gb worth of data if you will.hence my question about backing up to icloud being different or lacking.

Kathylpn02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know why I can't download no more apps but says I have 14.5 g of available space from my iCloud? Someone help

Most reactions