What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring From I-Cloud ?? Maybe?

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How to I view or restore data from ICloud. I can "backup" but have no idea what to do after that?

I've reviewed the forums...

Read the Apple "help" info...

Read the IPAD 2 manual...

Plenty of info on how to back up everything but nothing on how I can find data I may potentially need to restore/retrieve. Suppose, for example, I loose my "favorites"........>Exactly< where do I go to get them back!

I understand connecting to the PC, I used to do that....what about connecting to the misterious ICLOUD??

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all........and to all a good night.....Ken​

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From the book Take control of iCloud via iBooks.

there&rsquo;s no Restore button anywhere in the Settings app, and no obvious way to get your data back! It&rsquo;s there, though&mdash;but it appears only after your iOS device&rsquo;s memory has been wiped out (or when setting up a brand new device). It&rsquo;s also an all-or-hing affair: you must restore all your data from a backup&mdash;you can&rsquo;t restore just your Camera Roll, or just data from a particular app.
To get your iOS device to a state where you can restore a backup, you must do one of the following:
&bull;Connect the device to your computer via USB, select it in iTunes, and in the Summary view, click Restore.
&bull;On your iOS device, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, and then tap Erase to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
davidalan99 said:
From the book Take control of iCloud via iBooks.

there&rsquo;s no Restore button anywhere in the Settings app, and no obvious way to get your data back! It&rsquo;s there, though&mdash;but it appears only after your iOS device&rsquo;s memory has been wiped out (or when setting up a brand new device). It&rsquo;s also an all-or-hing affair: you must restore all your data from a backup&mdash;you can&rsquo;t restore just your Camera Roll, or just data from a particular app.
To get your iOS device to a state where you can restore a backup, you must do one of the following:
&bull;Connect the device to your computer via USB, select it in iTunes, and in the Summary view, click Restore.
&bull;On your iOS device, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, and then tap Erase to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Thank you David.....Ken

Most reactions