What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App VS. data backup question

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This question may have been asked and answered but I can't find it with keywords here or googling either so pardon me if I'm being redundant...

In the settings iCloud> Storage & Backup> Manage Storage> (tap on device name)> it has "Backup Options" and says to choose the data you want to back up. The drop down menu displays the app and the corresponding amounts of data therein. My question is if I turn off a app does it not back up the app itself or just not the data contained within the app? I'm thinking if I turn off a app it will still be backup'd but the data I've added to it won't. An example would be Evernote, would the app be backed up but not the data I've added to it?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The apps themselves aren't backed up to your icloud account (Apple already has a copy on their servers so why create another), its just the data that goes into your icloud account.

OP
totemynote

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apps themselves aren't backed up to your icloud account (Apple already has a copy on their servers so why create another), its just the data that goes into your icloud account.

Got it, thanks. I thought it was that way but sometimes it's still hard to wrap my brain around the workings of iCloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts