What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud user/password is grayed out so I can't log out to delete previous IT person

ksstmiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am the new IT guy here and I'm trying to log out of my predecessors Icloud account. I goto settings and the Icloud option there is grayed out. I can/t get into Itunes & app store. I need to delete this account any thoughts? It is an IPadmini on IOS 9.2.1.

K

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am the new IT guy here and I'm trying to log out of my predecessors Icloud account. I goto settings and the Icloud option there is grayed out. I can/t get into Itunes & app store. I need to delete this account any thoughts? It is an IPadmini on IOS 9.2.1.

K
I'm afraid that you won't be able to do anything with the iCloud account without your predecessors password. Are you able to contact him to get the password? He can also do it remotely by going to his iCloud account from any computer and then deleting the account.

Are you able to do anything at all with the iPad? The reason I ask is because of iCloud Activation Lock which will prevent anyone from using or erasing the iPad without the iCloud ID and password of the original user.

OP
K

ksstmiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Enter the Restrictions password, and scroll down to "Allow Changes". Tap "Account", and make sure it's allowed to change the account.

That was it... 'allowed to change account was not checked. Thank you!
Kevin

Most reactions

Latest posts