What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud and photostream has me going in circles!

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have switched over to icloud. On my phone and I have the new LION on my Mac. I have iphoto with photostream. When I enable photostream in iphoto an "icloud window" keeps popping up telling me to move everything over to icloud???? But already did this weeks ago.

In any event I do what it asks, sign in with my apple ID and then the page goes to FIND MY IPHONE. WTH??

I keep going in circles.

All I ask is for photostream to enable so that I get my iphone photos on my Imac.

Any ideas?

Thanks

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trellaine201 said:
I have switched over to icloud. On my phone and I have the new LION on my Mac.

This first and second sentences are unclear.

Have you switched your device to iCloud? Or have you switched your Mac to iCloud.? Is your Mac still using MobileMe? Has your Mac not been switched from MobileMe to iCloud?

All your devices need to be on the same page, so to speak, or they can't speak to each other.

OP
T

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I type too quick when frustrated. My apologies. I phoned apple to get clarification on why I couldn't get photostream enabled on my iMac. I had already moved to icloud using my Apple ID BUT I also had/have a mobileme account. It turns out I had to set everything up for icloud with my mobileme account first. (shrug) I am not techie but dunno why everything else works fine using my apple id but yet photostream couldn't be enabled.

So I switched over with my mobileme account and then switched back to apple id sign in.

Clear as mud?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trellaine201 said:
Sorry I type too quick when frustrated. My apologies. I phoned apple to get clarification on why I couldn't get photostream enabled on my iMac. I had already moved to icloud using my Apple ID BUT I also had/have a mobileme account. It turns out I had to set everything up for icloud with my mobileme account first. (shrug) I am not techie but dunno why everything else works fine using my apple id but yet photostream couldn't be enabled.

So I switched over with my mobileme account and then switched back to apple id sign in.

Clear as mud?

Hi,

So just to double check,you have no more problems and it in now fixed?

Regards,
Chays

OP
T

Trellaine201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

So just to double check,you have no more problems and it in now fixed?

Regards,
Chays

Yes everything is okay I guess other than on my iphone/settings/mail,contacts,calendars I have a mobileme email, icloud email. Not sure why they are both appearing. I thought I transferred to icloud using my mobileme acct.

But other than that its good.

Thanks for asking.

Most reactions

Latest posts