What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Match Inscrutability

Ralderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad2, have purchased iCloud space, purchased iCloud Match subscription, and synched iTunes music on my PC with iCloud. Now, how do I get my iPad to delete the 14GB of music which resides on it and use the cloud? I have gone to settings and turned on Match, and when I did that I received a message that my locally stored music would be deleted and music would be rendered from iCloud. However, in Settings, it still shows my music usage as 14GB. How do I force it to delete the local music and free up all that space?

TIA,
RCA

OP
R

Ralderson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, I am able to play my music from the cloud ok. All the music which Match was able to match in my iTunes library have a little cloud icon next to them and they download and play successfully. I aw also very happy to see that all of my iTunes playlists also made it to the cloud! :)

Now, all I need is to be able to free up space on my iPad which is duplicated in the cloud and I'll be a very happy camper!

Thanks,
RCA

Most reactions

Latest posts