What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud help

MountainMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have a problem...... I have a friend who recently turned on Icloud on her iphone 5 and new iPad and has never backed up either before.... when she synced her contacts with iCloud it copied her contacts from her ipad into her iphone, and erased all of her contacts on her phone, her ipad contacts were just email address and not phone numbers. Is there any way she can get them back????

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem...... I have a friend who recently turned on Icloud on her iphone 5 and new iPad and has never backed up either before.... when she synced her contacts with iCloud it copied her contacts from her ipad into her iphone, and erased all of her contacts on her phone, her ipad contacts were just email address and not phone numbers. Is there any way she can get them back????

She should try to go to www.icloud.com and login to iCloud Contacts to see whether her missing data are there. If they are available there, this is the next step: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4910 (backup and recover)

OP
M

MountainMax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
She should try to go to www.icloud.com and login to iCloud Contacts to see whether her missing data are there. If they are available there, this is the next step: iCloud: How to back up iCloud data (backup and recover)

Thanks she is trying it now, can you tell me how it's suppose to work is it suppose to Merge both contacts together same as it would do with pictures and other related sync'd item?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks she is trying it now, can you tell me how it's suppose to work is it suppose to Merge both contacts together same as it would do with pictures and other related sync'd item?

Sorry, I can't tell you how it works.

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but that never worked either. I should have got he to back it up first

did you check to see if for some reason they got put into another group? if you go into your contacts of your ipad you will see a flag like thing at the top of the contacts page, it says groups, tap that and see what groups are on the ipad, you may need to check both groups

Most reactions