What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud backup - unable to access account - iPad frozen

ali123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got iPad 2 and and iCloud backup is unable to access my account. Message says I should review my account information in Settings, but..... system is frozen and I cant do anything. Can't access any icons, can't switch off iPad - basically I'm frozen out and don't know how to overcome this problem. Is there a simple solution? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reaction score
The same thing just happened to me, exactly the same setting and reseting by holding the off button for a few seconds doesn't help. I hope somebody can find a solution to both our problems.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How long is a few seconds? I'd try until something like the apple sign arrives. This happens to my iPhone 4 and I hold down the top button and the home button and eventually the apple sign appears.
Or the close iPad sign appears of course
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

TheBigShed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know why my iPad 2 does not sync with imatch everything else works apart from my iPad downloading my music

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MaxLangi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My colleague's iPad has this message popped up on the screen: "iCloud Backup: This iPad hasn't been backed up in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, an connected to Wi-Fi." This has caused inability to touch the application icons. The iPad hanged. We are in Côte d'Ivoire this time, no apple store, no access to apple support. Your help is so much appreciated. Thank you.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MaxLangi said:
My colleague's iPad has this message popped up on the screen: "iCloud Backup: This iPad hasn't been backed up in 2 weeks. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, an connected to Wi-Fi." This has caused inability to touch the application icons. The iPad hanged. We are in Côte d'Ivoire this time, no apple store, no access to apple support. Your help is so much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This is a normal message which will pop up if you have your iPad set to backup in iCloud. This shouldn't cause any problems but if your iPad has frozen. Try a restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

If not then a reset is in order, this will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a PC.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

MaxLangi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

This is a normal message which will pop up if you have your iPad set to backup in iCloud. This shouldn't cause any problems but if your iPad has frozen. Try a restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

If not then a reset is in order, this will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a PC.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

=====

Thanks a million, Leelai. It worked, the problem solved. So simple, but without your help, I wouldn't know what to do. We are enjoying the iPad again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MaxLangi said:
=====

Thanks a million, Leelai. It worked, the problem solved. So simple, but without your help, I wouldn't know what to do. We are enjoying the iPad again.

Well that's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know!

Now enjoy.....Côte d'ivoire sounds divine!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

MaxLangi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a million for your help, Leelai. It worked and the message box has been cleared off the screen. It's so simple when you know it. Again, thank you so much. My friend is happy and now enjoying the iPad again. Wish you any blessings.

Kate788

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for this however I tried holding the power off button, the one at the top on the right and the power off slide appears but I can't access it due to the "cannot back up" message!! It says "This IPad cannot back up to icloud without a verified email address" Then it gives the option for either "later" or "settings". It won't let me click either plus I have never asked it to sync with my icloud... I don't even have an icloud!! What do I do?? Its been like it for 2 days now and I hate living without my IPad :eek:(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kate788 said:
Hi,

Thanks for this however I tried holding the power off button, the one at the top on the right and the power off slide appears but I can't access it due to the "cannot back up" message!! It says "This IPad cannot back up to icloud without a verified email address" Then it gives the option for either "later" or "settings". It won't let me click either plus I have never asked it to sync with my icloud... I don't even have an icloud!! What do I do?? Its been like it for 2 days now and I hate living without my IPad :eek:(

Is your iPad screen frozen on this message? It sounds like it if the tabs aren't working...try a reset of your iPad

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Last edited:

LRWard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to add a thank you as well, I just joined this forum to find an answer to the same exact problem.

Fly with Pegasus
Len

Chris Donne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had the same problem and joined this forum looking for a solution. Your suggestion worked and i am back up running but with iCloud backup turned off!
Thanks for your excellent advice.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that's great to hear and thanks for letting us know that this has also worked for you. Enjoy!!

Most reactions

Latest posts