What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icloud alternative

schwarzmuller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ftp server at home. I would like to have my music and my pictures taken with the ipad to automatically upload to my ftp server. Is there an app around that can do this?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not certain quite what you mean but if you are talking about a NAS drive then the answer is that there may be an app as many of these drives have associated apps. However, if it's a NAS or not, GoodReader should be able to do what you want but not, I believe, in an automated way.

The more that you can tell us the better we can help.

The Archangel

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dropbox can automatically send photos to its cloud server as they're taken, and then synchronize to your home server. Polkast lets you access any file on your desktop computer, locally by wifi or remotely over the Internet, but it lacks auto upload. Both are free for basic service, and I can't see a reason not to use them together. Dunno about music though.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts