What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icab solves "greyed out choose file" check....downloads or photos?

crosswings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goal: be able to upload resume when applying to jobs online.

Problem 1: "browse" or "choose file" button is greyed out, so cannot click on it

Solution 1: download icab (alternate web browser) $1.99 in app store

Problem 2: after clicking "browse" or "choose file", my options are "downloads" or "photos". I am obviously not going to upload a photo of my resume. How do I get a copy of my resume to show up in the "downloads" list?

Solution 2: PLEASE HELP!!!!

Macattacka

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Problem 1: "browse" or "choose file" button is greyed out, so cannot click on it

Problem 2: after clicking "browse" or "choose file", my options are "downloads" or "photos". I am obviously not going to upload a photo of my resume. How do I get a copy of my resume to show up in the "downloads" list?

I have 100% exactly the same problem. Everyone suggested downloading iCab too but if you're having problems then so will I. Cant understand why even a dropbox/iCloud based uploads are not allowed.

If anyone else can help on this that would be great.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
+1

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Macattacka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just downloaded icab and am having a whole series of problems but this thread is still worth a bump

Stormcloud319

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely the same problem. Cannot find my files on iPad even though the button is not greyed out. Only get the options download or photo. Help !!!!! Trying to find a job and very very frustrated now trying to upload resume.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stormcloud319 said:
Absolutely the same problem. Cannot find my files on iPad even though the button is not greyed out. Only get the options download or photo. Help !!!!! Trying to find a job and very very frustrated now trying to upload resume.

Yes, this never worked for me!!! You will have to cut and paste your resume.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

OP
crosswings

crosswings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone must know how to get a document into the "downloads" so they can be uploaded later.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
crosswings said:
Someone must know how to get a document into the "downloads" so they can be uploaded later.

I can never get anyone here to answer me....

loriath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there all! I'm new to this forum and just decided to join in since I know the answer to the question :)
After having used the first iPad I finally got tired of it being soooo slow and got the new one. My joy ended soon, as I am an enthusiast nature photographer who likes to browse photo web sites and sometimes posts some pictures there. Horrible was to see the image quality in Safari of photos being already posted by others. All pixelated, artifacted, unacceptable. I started asking dr Google about my issue and after having tried several other browsers with no effect I came accross this thread. Hopelessly I went to iTunes, payed 2 bucks and installed. And then... two of my issued were immediately solved by iCab!!
First of all photos on websites look the same as on my desktop, even on 3G connection! (I can wait a little longer to load the webpage just not to see the crap I saw in Safari). And the upload really works - both for files and photos (tried it just a while ago, works perfectly). You asked how can you upload something other than photos and downloaded files - simple! You just need to go to your iTunes on the desktop, choose your device, then programs (or whatever it is called, I use Polish version so the name is definitely different ;) ) and scroll all the way down to the File sharing window (again not sure of the English name for it in the English version), where you can download files from the apps in your device and upload to the device's apps too. Choose iCab on the left and use the "Add" button on the right. Simple as that. The chosen files will be uploaded to iCab and visible in the Downloads section, thus uploadable further on websites.
I'm so happy I came accross iCab!! 5 starr app for me!

theman2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
answer

you can use a any cloud storage. for example dropbox, idrive, skydrive or whatever place you store your files.
Or you can email it to yourself.

Step 1. Open icab web browser
Step 2. Navigate to the website you store your documents(dropbox,skydrive,google docs) using icab web browser.
Step 3. Choose the file and select download. The file will download in the icab downloads sections
Step 4. Go to the Website you want to upload the file
Step 5. Click the upload button, if the button is still greyed out. Go to Settings in icab and change your BrowserID to Sarfari (MAC) or anything other than iphone or ipad.
Step 6. Refresh page. You should be able to choose upload file from the icab browser downloads section.

Good Luck.

You just need to download whatever file using the icab browser so that it will appear in the icab download section.​

Most reactions

Latest posts