What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Zoom Not Working

B_r_u_n_o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently building a large iBooks project that mostly consists of piano keyboard images with some text on top. The book is vertical format only. The Images are.jpgs and the text over them (as well as assembly of the whole project) is edited on iBooks Author 2.3.

I can zoom in on images only but not when they have text over them which has been applied on ibooks author. Isn't there a way to be able to zoom in on images AND text?

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't played with iBooks Author in quite a while, but I doubt you can zoom text and images together this way. Well, not without using Acessibilty Zoom mode on the iPad, and I doubt that's what you are after.

Perhaps if you add the text to the image itself. There should be several apps that will do a nice job of this; both for the Mac and iOS.

OP
B

B_r_u_n_o

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I believe you are right. There is actually an option in the Inspector>Widget>Goes Full-screen that allows one to zoom on images and overlayed text but it does not work consistently. I guess the only option is to have everything imported as an image and then use this feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I really should play with iBook Author again, soon. I never did do anything with the widgets.

Good luck, and please let us know how the project goes.

Most reactions

Latest posts