What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks Update On the Way With Collections Function and Improved PDF Features

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

9to5 Mac reports that iBooks is about to get a big makeover in a forthcoming update, with a new “Collections†function as well as improved organisation, and printing and emailing of PDFs. They even managed to obtain screenshots of the new Collections section. With the update, users will be able to create their own Collections and organise their books into folders that will be similar to the iOS 4 homescreen folders. Two default Collections will come as standard with the update – Books and PDFs.

As far as the new PDF features are concerned, you will now be able to email PDFs that you have stored in iBooks, as well as print the PDFs via AirPrint.

No official announcement has been made yet about exactly when we’ll be getting the update, but it should be soon, so maybe get a head start and get cracking planning what sort of Collections you’ll be creating!

Source: 9To5Mac Upcoming version of iBooks with Collections detailed | 9 to 5 Mac Upcoming version of iBooks with Collections detailed | Apple Intelligence

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect to the fine folks at One Infinite Loop, the only way iBooks is ever going to compete in the electronic document market is to get some decent content!

jasonbrinks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hardly any content where I stay...

With all due respect to the fine folks at One Infinite Loop, the only way iBooks is ever going to compete in the electronic document market is to get some decent content!

Agreed... Where I stay, iBooks is completely useless... :-( The only content they have there is a couple of hundred books no one wants to read... Sigh...

dilipc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. For us here in India, iBooks has only the free content part. Ridiculous! I love my Kindle, and no prizes for guessing why.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Agreed... Where I stay, iBooks is completely useless... :-( The only content they have there is a couple of hundred books no one wants to read... Sigh...

Agreed. While I prefer to read in english, and therefore spen most time in he US bookstore (crap) the Swiss bookstore is pathetic - and empty.

Edit: One more thing: pull the devs off that fail-that-is-ping to fix iTunes and populate the bookstore.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iBooks, Amazon, B&N, Borders, etc are in the business of selling books!

Many public libraries use the OverDrive system to loaning books. For now, it is possible to read books from your library with the Bluefire app. (Instructions are found in the app, which is free, btw!) OverDrive is supposed to be coming out with an app in the near future so you don't have to jump through as many hoops to check out electronic publications from your library.

Most reactions

Latest posts