What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks now updated with the new iOS 7 look.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For PDF, is it possible to sort the bookmarks by page number instead of by date?

It doesn't look like it.

Though if you choose the all thumbnail view the pages are in order, and you can see the bookmark icon on those pages. Usable if the PDF doesn't have more than a few dozen pages.

kathy025

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, most of my eBooks are 700+ pages (technical/IT textbooks).
One of the more useful things Apple can do instead of the superficial changes.

Thanks for the response though, twerppoet. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you need a better PDF reader than iBooks, there are literally dozens of them.

I'm pretty happy with PDF Expert. There is no way to change how bookmarks sort, but they are in page order already.

One software developer, even Apple, can't anticipate and provide every feature every user wants; and if they tried their apps would be so cluttered as to be unusable. That's why there are third party apps, so people can pick the one the suits them best.

I'm sure you can find one that does what you want.

Luckynp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate to upset you guys, but the new iBooks does not work exactly as before. If you have more than about 125 collections, you will find that those beyond the 125 limit will no longer display. Books are not lost, but you will have to rationalise your collections to below 125 to be able to see all your books.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not quite correct. I've also found users writing about 131 and 150 collections, while others only see 30. Some can view all they created. It's not really certain that there's a limit to the number of collections.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts