What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think my apple acct has been compromised

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What to do. Some weird changes on my acct that are fixable but I don't want to fix them right now as I believe it can be traced. For now, let's just say there is some strange sh** here.

The main thing is my name and billing address have been changed , leading to a traceable source. Strangely, my shipping address remains correct, which is really weird when you think about it. Also the password to my email acct connected to my apple acct was changed.

I don't want to change the info right now. Just keep as is until I can find a way to the perpetrator.

So my question is what is my next step. Who do I contact. Maybe go down to the Apple Store and see someone there?

Any suggestions,,,,,thx

OP
A

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change the password of your ID, that's the first thing you should do. Another option to make the account more secure, would be setting up 2 step-verification. An Apple Store won't be able to help you.

Here are more of Apple's instructions:
If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

I did the change, not the 2step though. Keeping the fake info intact to show someone. That's my real question I guess,,,,who to show this to

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think your account has been compromised, you have to act on your own. No one else but you can do anything against this.
You'll have to contact Apple if purchases were made from someone else. They won't help you tracking the person who hacked into your account.

If the one who found out your ID and password uses your account on his device, login to www.icloud.com, go to Find my iPhone, and take a look at the devices listed there. They will also show their current location.

Make sure you have a strong password, so that it can't be easily hacked again. Remember that, if you use it as iCloud ID, the one who has access to your account, can easily lock you out of your Apple devices.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts