What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Pad 2 dropps wifi all the time

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may have been covered here already but as I have 2 min to get out the door I'm just going to do it this way.
Finally got my IP2 back from my sister and am very happy with it EXCEPT for one big issue.
It will not stay hooked up to my wifi. My router works fine. We have Linux PCs, and Android tablets hooked up to it and they all work without issue.
I have done a little bit of looking on the net last night and found that this is a known issue, but that it is not known if Apple is going to fix it.
My question is, has anyone found a fix for it?

Thanks AFF

sgregg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Androidfonefan said:
This may have been covered here already but as I have 2 min to get out the door I'm just going to do it this way.
Finally got my IP2 back from my sister and am very happy with it EXCEPT for one big issue.
It will not stay hooked up to my wifi. My router works fine. We have Linux PCs, and Android tablets hooked up to it and they all work without issue.
I have done a little bit of looking on the net last night and found that this is a known issue, but that it is not known if Apple is going to fix it.
My question is, has anyone found a fix for it?

Thanks AFF

mine did that also, then finally would not connect at all the wifi option in setting was even greyed out, took it back to apple and they exchanged it for me
it has not disconnected since!

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ordered an new router, will try it first, if it does not work I will try that. I am getting one of the Apple routers so it should work with their own hardware I hope.

firefighter1406

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's iPad 2 was doing the same thing while mine was okay. Took two trips to the apple store but they replaced it and no problems since.

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, got the new router today and have it hooked up. Will have to try it out now to see how the connection on the IP2 is.

Later

Well I ran a speed test between the IP2 and my Vizio 1008 tablet. Ran them 4 times on each. Each time the Vizio tested at 1/3 to almost twice as fast as the IP2, however the time it takes for the browser pages to load on the IP2 is about twice as fast. I also ran a signal strength test on both networks and the new Apple router is more than 2/3 stronger than the old.

It all seems contrary. Speed tests between the IP2 and VV1008 say the old router is faster.
But signal strength on the new router is far better, and the performance of the new router on the IP2 is far faster.

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could it have something to do with your internet connection? I don't have any probs with my wifi. I am in FIOS.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also you need to be aware of other wireless routers near you, they can be running interference. Some router allow you to change the cannel it broadcast on. Or maybe just a router reboot to clear things out.

"Post are better with pictures ".

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
had this issue with too with my ipod, my ipad and my apple tv...still have it with the ipod and ipad but had no choice but to hook my appletv to wired..the wifi kept dropping...apple was no help ...they just continued to run in circles and beat around the bush... kept trying to blame me having a PC instead of MAC...

OP
Androidfonefan

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it has been a few days on the Airport router and my IP2 has not dropped signal once, except when my Clear Modem loses signal (which happens way to often, but I would know that this was the problem because my other tablet would also lose signal and it didn't. When the IP2 lost signal before, all other devices were still connected).
So the APE did the trick. It is an expensive device but it works, so if you can swing the cost for one I can recommend them whole heartedly.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts