What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wifi consistently drops out

Mjk479

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen others have similar issues but this is driving me to despair.
I know my pad is faulty even though only 3 months old. The microphone does not work and the wifi nearly never lasts for more than 10 seconds at a time.
This has obviously got worse since I first started using it

Having partly known my old ISP was rubbish I put it partly down to them. Now I have good stable broadband non stop and a pad with no ability to use the wifi.
My only option is to send the pad back for repair or replacement

I strongly feel that apple have sold my a defective PEICE if junk that looks pretty but barely functions.
Seriously not happy and never buying another I device again. This is the 3rd device that the wifi has died on. The others being my pod and iPhone.
It is about time apple addressed what is obviously a major flaw with their devices.
They go for style and size rather than cooling and performance issues..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your wi-fi is having problems on all iOS devices check with it's manufacturer to see if it needs a firmware update. Also be sure to restart the router, and while it is down go to Settings > General > Reset, and reset All Network settings.

iOS devices have had a lot of problems with early 802.11/n routers. Some people have simply replaced their router with a newer model.

If you are absolutely sure it is a hardware problem, you have a one year limited hardware warrantee. But Apple will probably want to try the other solutions first.

OP
M

Mjk479

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certain it's the hardware. My other I devices work fine. And the pad mainly has issues when it has been used for an hour or so. I'm 100% certain it's an overheating issue with the pads. The mic problem is def the hardware so will try the warranty approach if I ever get a reply from a person.

OP
M

Mjk479

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. Btw. Sorry did not say that straight away.

Most reactions

Latest posts