What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 2 Case + keyboard options

dmenchac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member of the forum and this is my very first post :D

I just bought my I pad 2 and am looking for the case + keyboard combo. I have done lengthy research and have come up with these 3 options:

ClamCase, Crux360, and Zaggmate.

I need one of these for college because I will be taking my notes on the i pad 2. However, I do not know which one to get. Price does not matter.

The Crux360 ships in July and I was wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. Also, if anyone has any of the 3 for the Ipad 2 please tell me what you recommend!

Thank you

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

I just bumped your thread to our Accessories Section. Pop some popcorn and search read this section. There are a Kazillion threads!:)

OP
D

dmenchac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome!

I just bumped your thread to our Accessories Section. Pop some popcorn and search read this section. There are a Kazillion threads!:)

Thank you sir. My apologies for not posting in the correct section : (

I will search for the threads : )

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dmenchac said:
Hello, I am a new member of the forum and this is my very first post :D

I just bought my I pad 2 and am looking for the case + keyboard combo. I have done lengthy research and have come up with these 3 options:

ClamCase, Crux360, and Zaggmate.

I need one of these for college because I will be taking my notes on the i pad 2. However, I do not know which one to get. Price does not matter.

The Crux360 ships in July and I was wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. Also, if anyone has any of the 3 for the Ipad 2 please tell me what you recommend!

Thank you

I would think about the "quality" of the keyboard above all else. Apple's Wireless Keyboard is the gold standard IMHO. You might want to consider the Origami Workstation by InCase (search iPadForums for links and more details). Good Luck! :)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to be repeating myself with the following in a number of threads. My apologies to those who are tired of seeing it.

One of the inherent features of combo keyboard/iPad cases is that the keyboard is severely limited in width. In fact, measuring the excellent Apple Wireless keyboard against the iPad 2 in landscape, the keyboard is nearly two inches wider.

This means that any keyboard designed to fit into a case has to be about two inches narrower than the Apple Wireless keyboard. And that keyboard is not by any means large.

So if you're used to a full size keyboard or even the built-in keyboard on a small laptop (11"), you may find these combo case/keyboard keyboards VERY cramped. That may not be a big deal for those who don't create much content or who expect to use the iPad more or less exclusively and to adjust to the small keyboard. But for those who have to move back and forth between the iPad and a full size keyboard or a laptop, it may well be a crippling adjustment.

For the latter group of folks, the suggestion above to consider the Apple Wireless keyboard in combination with the Incase Origami Workstation may be a much better alternative. (It is for me.)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I seem to be repeating myself with the following in a number of threads. My apologies to those who are tired of seeing it.

One of the inherent features of combo keyboard/iPad cases is that the keyboard is severely limited in width. In fact, measuring the excellent Apple Wireless keyboard against the iPad 2 in landscape, the keyboard is nearly two inches wider.

This means that any keyboard designed to fit into a case has to be about two inches narrower than the Apple Wireless keyboard. And that keyboard is not by any means large.

So if you're used to a full size keyboard or even the built-in keyboard on a small laptop (11"), you may find these combo case/keyboard keyboards VERY cramped. That may not be a big deal for those who don't create much content or who expect to use the iPad more or less exclusively and to adjust to the small keyboard. But for those who have to move back and forth between the iPad and a full size keyboard or a laptop, it may well be a crippling adjustment.

For the latter group of folks, the suggestion above to consider the Apple Wireless keyboard in combination with the Incase Origami Workstation may be a much better alternative. (It is for me.)

As the person who led me and others to the Origami Workstation in the first place, your comments are never tiring. On the contrary, they are always well thought out and informative. Hope things are good with you...

Most reactions

Latest posts