What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the lapdock really going to happen?

tthorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything regarding the lapdock anytime recently? I have been waiting, but if it's not going to happen, I'll just look at another keyboard case.

If that is the case, I think I may get the zaggmate. The clamcase looks cool but there is no way I'm going to pony up and wait over a month to get one. I'm a consumer, not an investor.

OP
T

tthorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool because it uses an apple bluetooth keyboard, which is what I type on every day. What do you all think? Hopeless to wait for this?

Checked out a Zagg today and liked it. My only complaint about it would be that the ipad is not secured to the device when in use. The keyboard is surprisingly pretty nice. Not like being able to use the apple one, but still not bad at all.

oops, can't post the link yet. another post or so...

OP
T

tthorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I guess I am the only one interested in something like this. No wonder it hasn't come out.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple beat them to the punch, with hte MacBook Air. I don't get the neverending effort to turn the iPad into a laptop. Computer makers have made "convertibles" for years and they never caught on, o why the optimism with the iPad?

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope they do make it, as I like the idea of a case that holds both iPad and wireless keyboard nicely. Trying to turn the iPad into a laptop isn't really the idea here, it seems to me, more making it easier to store and use both products.

OP
T

tthorne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the iPad is great on it's own. It's so great that I don't even use a laptop anymore unless I need to do serious video or photo editing when I'm away from my iMac. I actually traded in my 15" MacBook pro for a 17" since portability with a laptop doesn't mean that much to me anymore now that I have the iPad.

The thing is this. I use google docs, and a ton of other cloud bases services for pretty much all my other computing needs, so I could use the iPad for 90% of what I do. Having a keyboard to pair it to for long docs or emails is really helpful, and having it all built into one case that I can remove the iPad from at any time is even more convenient.

Lastly, my wife, who really does not need a computer to look at facebook, email, ru lala, and various other shopping things that she does could use an iPad exclusively if she had an option as practical as this at her disposal.

weaverkeith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lapdock to goDock

Hey the guys that were behind lapdock are back. Check out goDock at kickstarter.com

Most reactions

Latest posts