What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help jailbreaking ipad 2 a5 5.1

breezeytree222

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been spoken about but i am tired of seaching for the answer i need.
I have a ipad 2 with 5.1 a5 and 3g
i want to jailbreak it and have been patiently waiting for them to find a way. now online it says
it will work for this version but i tried with absinthe 2.04 and it didnt work. it went thru on my compute
like it was going to but nothing ever changed on my ipad. im confused and dont know what to do
i did read somewhere that it was for wifi models only. is there any way with a model that has 3g? anyone
out there can help me please?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be on version 5.1.1 for the jailbreak to work. It supports all iPad models, so you have not issues there.

Update your device to 5.1.1 and then run the absinthe tool. Our tutorial is here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...break-ipad2-ipad3-5-1-1-absinthe-2-0-a-2.html

Once it is complete, the only addition to your device to tell you it is jailbroken will be an App icon somewhere called "Cydia". See here for our guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ydia-beginners-guide-jailbreak-app-store.html

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you save your blob. I regret my decision for forgetting to save mine before i upgraded it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to repeat this:

It does not matter what version of iOS you are on when it comes to saving SHSH blobs. What matters is if Apple is still signing that particular firmware version. As long as the "signing window" is still open you can save the blobs.

For example, a personal could be still on the original iPad1 original software, iOS 3.x, but as long as they ran Tiny Umbrella every time it was updated to snag another blob, they can have blobs all the way up to the current one (5.1.1).

So, if you haven't yet, start the habit NOW of saving blobs when they are available and then save them every time an upgrade is released (and Tiny Umbrella is updated). Again, it does not matter what iOS your iPad is on - so save them and save yourself those regrets.

Marilyn

Most reactions