What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need advice for travel to UK

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been given a new job as an editor of a large family blog (Clan Gregor Society) and have been asked to make a post about travel to the UK. The problem is that I haven't traveled outside the US since the early 1990's, so I have no experience with traveling with a cell phone. I need some good tips for my blog post. Any takers?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Ardochoille - LOL! Now, I've been to the UK three times but in the 1980s-90s, so just traveling w/ a film camera - so cannot comment on your statement about 'traveling w/ a cell phone' (or any other 'newer' electronic devices) - can you be more specific regarding your needs? Dave :)

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Ardochoille - LOL! Now, I've been to the UK three times but in the 1980s-90s, so just traveling w/ a film camera - so cannot comment on your statement about 'traveling w/ a cell phone' (or any other 'newer' electronic devices) - can you be more specific regarding your needs? Dave :)

Well, I'm hoping to post a "tips & tricks" type of blog post that will help people before and during their travels. I realize this may be quite involved as there are numerous mobile platforms and many differences within each platform for each country.

I'm not even sure this type of blog post is going to prove useful, just wanted to see what was available.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to have to bow out of this project. There is so much information about the various carriers, mobile platforms, and countries from which people would be travelling that it would require several pages. Is it any wonder why some people are confused about their phone?

arfurd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

If money is not a problem bring your own and pay all the hidden fees when you get home.

Or, when you get here (I live in the UK) there are so many providers/shops/stores that sell mobiles/cells that you pay as you go. A lot cheaper than paying your provider. You can pick up a pay as go mobile for a little as £9.

Hope this helps.

Just to add there are also plenty if wifi free places I.e cafés and bars etc. so if you don't need roaming data and can just deal with only connecting to wifi then use your own device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts