What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my Ipad 3 but...

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first plugged in the iPad 2 into my computer it didn't charge too. I still couldn't understand why but anyway I found the solution for it. Just install this software and your iPad will be charged when connecting to your computer: ASUS Ai Charger - Quick charge your iPod, iPhone and even iPad!

Sorry that I can't help with Adobe app issue. I mostly use Dropbox to sync my PDFs, and I prefer PDF Max free than Adobe Reader, since I found AR renders files very slowly.

I totally agree with this post - the link provided works perfectly and enables even iPad 3 to charge direct from a PC (a lot of PC's and laptops will not charge from their USB ports but with this installed on your PC or Laptop it WILL) - try it - its free.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about long term use with this app. Batteries are a strange chemistry things and you should stay between the lines to get the most out your IPAD Battery. I had an old HP laptop charger which I used on my newer HP and it killed the battery in six months! I mean dead, no charge at all. After some research I found that laptop charger come in all sorts of amperage and charging voltages.

I have the same Not Charging issue. on my windows laptop. But work fine on my new Macbook with USB 3. I have also discover that off brand charging cables will do the same thing. There is a reason why the apple chargers are thicker. My2C.

Hmm, I don't know anyway, but I think using this software is okay since my iPad have no overheating issue while charging. I also think your situation was different. I'm writing this post with my HP laptop too, and it basically has serious problem with overheating though.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad needs a charger to provides 5V and 2.1A (i.e, it needs a 10Watt charger). You can't get this from a standard usb port. The battery in the iPad 3 is way larger in capacity than that of an iPhone, so if you were to charge it on a computer USB port it would take forever (and this forever is much, much longer than the forever it takes to charge the iPad 3 with the charger it came with). Actually, a usb port will charge the iPad 3, but very, very slowly. Best to use the 10W charger it came with.

Also, beware of that software linked in post #3. It causes all kind of problems on my PC, and I have a recently model Asus motherboard.

I agree that it takes much longer when charging with the unsuitable cable. However my laptop hasn't got any hardware's problems yet :)

Most reactions