What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About itunes?

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my boyfriends computer I don't have my library on there but I have a lot of apps and stuff I put on directly off the ipad itself. I would like to plug it up to itunes on the pc to add to my ipad. But I'm afraid I will lose everything and have the pain of reinstalling all over. Since I would be starting new on another computer. With nothing to have a back up of. Is there a way to hook up itunes and not lose everything since i think it will pick up as a new device?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mandapandalove said:
I guess im invisable lately...

Part of your perceived invisibility is the difficulty of understanding your original post. I have read it several times and I can not figure out what you want to do. Does your boyfriend have apps that you want to put on your iPad? Or do you want to back up your iPad to a local PC? Or do you have apps on your iPad that you want to share with your boyfriend?

Your brevity is a good thing but there are thoughts missing that don't allow a good understanding of your requirements.

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have your iPad synced to another PC and try to sync with your BF's PC then yes, you will lose all your stuff. You cannot sync to two PCs. You can only add stuff from your iTunes on your 'mother' PC when it is available, sorry if that does not answer your question but I knida got the gist of it.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have your iPad synced to another PC and try to sync with your BF's PC then yes, you will lose all your stuff. You cannot sync to two PCs. You can only add stuff from your iTunes on your 'mother' PC when it is available, sorry if that does not answer your question but I knida got the gist of it.

Guessing what the original question is precisely the collateral problem that the OP has with iTunes and the lack of responses. You, provided it because you got the "gist of it". BUT depending on the problem, the answer you gave is right or wrong. It would be the wrong answer if the OP stated that she has authorized her boyfriend's computer to back up her iPad 'stuff'. See this link from Apple Support on Authorization:

Apple - Support - iTunes - Authorization

Your answer would be right. See this link:

Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod with multiple computers

Even if I got the gist of what the OP was asking, it really depends on what she wants to do in order to steer her in the right direction.

I could still be incorrect by my own assumption as to what she was actually asking!

Last edited:

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too read this several times but there is not enough info to help. What is it you are trying to do and if your iPad is not registered on this computer it will erase it.

Most reactions