What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost Safari. Help to recover?

margep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded Mercury, loved the browser, but Safari kept loading and I couldn't find a way to make Mercury the default. I moved Safari (to the trash, I dunno) and lost it all together. So those apps that used Safari do not default to Mercury and won't connect at all. Stuff like iTunes, links in emails, convenient stuff like that. Is there any way to undo what I did? I have done a reboot with no effects. Safari does not appear on my settings panel. A search for safari returns "no results". Help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can only assume you applied restrictions to Safari (cause you can't delete a stock/default app). Try going to your Settings app, under General and look in "Restrictions. If Safari is turned OFF - that will explain why it won't show up. Turning it ON will make it act as normal (you'll see the icon and links will work properly).

And, in the "for what it's worth" department, you can't make any browser the default one unless you jail break the iPad and install a tweak to change the default. Safari is what must be used on a stock iPad ... as you have discovered.

Hope this helps. Holler back if this didn't fix the problem and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
M

margep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, Thanks! I had indeed turned it off. This is my first iPad, haven't had it long enough to have reached the jailbreak stage of ownership but that will come, as surely as it has for every device I have owned. Too many things I want to change and can't, otherwise. When I get there, where do I get Absinthe 2.0?

Most reactions

Latest posts