What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost it, so found my way here...

ChrisHarbs1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doing some housekeeping on my iPad last night, I was putting certain apps together into a new folder. I had to fetch one from a folder two screens away and while en route to the new folder, I seem to have dropped it. Now I don't know where it is. I've searched all my folders and screens and can't see it anywhere. It's found if I use the search feature, but that doesn't tell me where it is. It just launches it when I click on it and dumps me back on screen one when I quit. I'd still like to find it and put it where I intended!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use the search feature by typing the name of the app, up should pop a screen giving you a list of matches. Look to the right, there is a column there. It has the name of the folder which contains the app. I would assume all of your folders have unique names.

OP
C

ChrisHarbs1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
If you use the search feature by typing the name of the app, up should pop a screen giving you a list of matches. Look to the right, there is a column there. It has the name of the folder which contains the app. I would assume all of your folders have unique names.

That's it! I've just realised how I blundered. I found I had a number of apps which apply faux paint fx to photos. I put two of them in a folder, which I called Paint FX. Then I went to fetch from another folder an app called Paint FX. Oops! How do I fix that?

OP
C

ChrisHarbs1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChrisHarbs1 said:
That's it! I've just realised how I blundered. I found I had a number of apps which apply faux paint fx to photos. I put two of them in a folder, which I called Paint FX. Then I went to fetch from another folder an app called Paint FX. Oops! How do I fix that?

Thanks... Managed to sort it by renaming the Paint FX folder. Then I emptied it, three apps vanishing as I did so. But multiple reboots brought them all back. So my advice to anyone who makes a similar blunder is "Don't panic!"

Most reactions

Latest posts