What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this isn't a dumb question...

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy an album on the iTunes on my iPad, and then sync it to the iTunes on my desktop, can I then copy it to my iPod? What about my husband's iPod?

Or should I wait and buy the CD so I can upload it?

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can copy it to your iPod and his. You can put the music on as many iPods as you want. But can only put the songs on up to 5 iTunes Accounts.

Last edited:

Dushtin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you buy the music on your desktop itunes you should be able to transfer it to whatever ipad/ipod you want.

Reaction score
Albums, as in music songs are DRM free. Meaning that you can copy/add/play them from any device you want. There is no restriction on how many devices the songs can be played and the devices playing the songs do not need to be activated with your Apple ID. The restrictions previously mentioned only come into place for movies, not for music. But keep in mind, that the songs are watermarked and the account the songs were purchased with appears as the owner. So yes, you can share the music freely and legally within your family.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you download it to your iPad, the next time you sync with your computer, it will backup the music. Then you can place it onto up to four (?) more devices that are on that synced to that iTunes account. You can also burn it to a CD as a MP3 file(s) to load onto other computers. Between computers with wifi, you can exchange music files with iTunes, as long as the computers have iTunes and are connected with Home Sharing. The only way to get past the 5 device limit is to deauthorize one device to authorize another. Home Sharing is not the same as pairing as far as device counts

Last edited:
OP
Nonie3234

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!

Most reactions

Latest posts