What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have converted over to white!!!

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had both, side by side, as bought one of each on launch day.
Love both.
Can make a case for either as far as looks go.

However, I assure you, those of you with white iPads are not seeing the screen as rich as those of us with black.

While there is technically no difference, the eye perceives them differently.
Black enhances, enriches the screen our eyes see.
The difference is like day and night.

BigTex71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I will be putting a Skin-It on mine anyway, it didn't matter to me which one I got.

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every electronic gadget is black. From cheapo mp3 players to cell phones. White pops in a sea of black. There was never a option what color I was to buy when the iPad2 was available in "Apple white". I love the white iPad2. I have a grey smart cover and a silver carbon fiber skin. Its very mono chromatic and very rich looking. The skin also gives some grip.
iPad2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice Mystro where did you get that carbon skin?

Like I said im using a white case on mine but im wanting to hear feedback from others if white cases are going to stain and get dirty quickly over time. If so ill return it for the black case.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here you go. Friend of mine says to bring the case back for the black cause its going turn grey very quick.

img4037d.jpg
img4038ke.jpg

img4039x.jpg

img4040e.jpg

img4041.jpg

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
here you go. Friend of mine says to bring the case back for the black cause its going turn grey very quick.

Very nice, but the female in me is saying noooo! I'll never keep it clean!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:

Very nice, but the female in me is saying noooo! I'll never keep it clean!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

So you would go with white or black case?

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ebay... It was very high quality. I have had it on there for over 2 weeks and all the edges are protected and stuck fast. They sell 2 types. The kind that protects the edges need to be heated with a hairdryer to form. It was very easy to do. It looks OEM and the apple logo is cut out perfect.
iPad 2 Skin Kit - Carbon Fiber, Fibre Series, Silver | eBay

Like I said im using a white case on mine but im wanting to hear feedback from others if white cases are going to stain and get dirty quickly over time. If so ill return it for the black case.
iPad2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ebay... It was very high quality. I have had it on there for over 2 weeks and all the edges are protected and stuck fast. They sell 2 types. The kind that protects the edges need to be heated with a hairdryer to form. It was very easy to do. It looks OEM and the apple logo is cut out perfect.
iPad 2 Skin Kit - Carbon Fiber, Fibre Series, Silver | eBay

iPad2.jpg

K thanks. Arent you worried about marks showing through on that skin? And the grey cover getting dirty? I might switch my case for a blue smart cover and justin bieber back skin.

WOW I just found out my case has magnet inside, thats how its so snappy.

Last edited:

Mio_BB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White is hot. One of the reasons (a bit down the list, but nonetheless) I got the iPad instead of waiting it out for the PlayBook.

From my whItePad ;)

Most reactions