What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a stock ipad 2. This thing pops up saying Authentication Required!

JSmooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a stock ipad 2...when i go on safari this thing pops up saying Authentication Required, then it asks for my username and password I typed it in and it won't go through! So I just keeps asking me for my username and password! I don't know what to do I used the username and password that I use for the app store! I have tried shutting my iPad down for a couple minutes then restarting it but that hasn't worked!! I would really appreciate the help!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds like it is the authentication for whatever website you are visiting. You are not on your routers admin page or something daft like that, are you? What URL are you visiting in Safari? Has your wifi router crashed and maybe re-set itself, but is directing yo back to it until you give it some attention? Maybe try turning it off and on again?

Safari has no way to ask for your iTunes user ID an Password AFAIK, so I think it must be a website.

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like you have to put a pass word in for the wifi you are connecting to have Internet. What kind of Internet are you using ?

OP
J

JSmooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been at this motel for about two weeks so I am using their wifi! I was searching google for wallpapers yesterday and that's when it happened!! But good idea...I will try using the wifi's username and password!!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, motels do that to you. You sign in first day and don't think about it after, but on whichever day they choose you have to sign in on their page again.

OP
J

JSmooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I can't stand it and on top of they have the worst wifi connection ever!!
Thanks everyone so much my iPad is now just fine!!

Most reactions