What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I finally found a good screen protector - Power Suport

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, maybe I'm all thumbs, but I worked and worked and couldn't get the air bubbles out. I watched the YouTube video and followed the procedure exactly in a freshly cleaned tiled bathroom, but the bubbles formed from the start and simply would not go away.

At the price, I am hoping the company will refund my money! If not, zi will report here because I think marketing something to the average Joe that requires soecialized skill to install is just wrong!

No reflection on you, Zipur. Clearly you are very goid with your hands.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tuttle said:
Well, maybe I'm all thumbs, but I worked and worked and couldn't get the air bubbles out. I watched the YouTube video and followed the procedure exactly in a freshly cleaned tiled bathroom, but the bubbles formed from the start and simply would not go .

It took some time for me to get it right.
What you need to do; that is if you haven't curled it up in frustration. Get some eye glass cleaner or clear water in an eye glass cleaner spray bottle. Sit at the kitten table and lay your iPad flat on a towel. Turn the ipad off so it is a dark screen. You should have a bright light so you will see the bubbles.

Next find a cheap soft credit card I used a Wallgreen card. Then get a small piece of tape an apply to each of the corners. The tape will allow you to lift an edge of the screen protector. By lifting two corners you can lift an entire side.

Spray a little fluid under the screen protector. Note - Do not spray in any of the ports if you are concerned then you can cover the ports with some tape.

Now initially there will be lots of bubbles but gently take you credit card and work out the forwards the edge. As you squeeze the fluid out use the towel to catch the fluid. Do the same on each corner until you are happy. Be patient it may take three or four times. Once you Think you are done and there are no more bugles.
Turn your iPad on and go to a blank white screen I used my flashlight app or a white screen from a note taking app. With the iPad on you will find additional bubbles you may not have noticed previously. I got my eagle eyed son to double check me. If you find a bubble even if it is in the middle of the screen it can be worked out slowly.

Just spay a little spray on top of the screen to reduce friction an scrap the bugle to the edge. You may find a dust particle or hair under the screen. in this case you can completely remove the screen protector and rinse in off in water. Note- Do not scratch it off with your finger nail just rinse the entire underside of the screen protector and start again. The bathroom idea is to reduce dust with the humid air. I do not due this process.

Sounds long but it's easy once you get a corner or two done.. The nice part of this SP is that it is thick enough that it is not destroyed when removed an reapplying. I have two iPads and have practiced with several screen protectors. This process has worked for me.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting the same screen protector. I had a Zagg before on the first generation iPad. But it had a very gummy feel. While it did protect the screen from smudges, I found it very hard to use a stylus. It actually wore the tips off of some styluses, go figure!

That said, you have the older power support screen protector. I've got the new iPad and wonder how the older screen protector worked on it. Now they have the new HD antiglare screen protector. After a few weeks of using my new iPad naked, I'm ready to try something that will prevent the smudges. Fortunately I haven't scratched it yet. I've resigned myself to the fact that you have to use an iPad with your fingertips. There're some things that a stylus just can't do, such as pinching or any gesture that requires more than one finger.

BTW, I've written this whole post with the new iPad dictation feature. Gotta a love it!

Last edited:
OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skallal said:
I've been thinking about getting the same screen protector. I had a Zagg before on the first generation iPad. But it had a very gummy feel. While it did protect the screen from smudges, I found it very hard to use a stylus. It actually wore the tips off of some styluses, go figure!

That said, you have the older power support screen protector. I've got the new iPad and wonder how the older screen protector worked on it. Now they have the new HD antiglare screen protector. After a few weeks of using my new iPad naked, I'm ready to try something that will prevent the smudges. Fortunately I haven't scratched it yet. I've resigned myself to the fact that you have to use an iPad with your fingertips. There're some things that a stylus just can't do, such as pinching or any gesture that requires more than one finger.

BTW, I've written this whole post with the new iPad dictation feature. Gotta a love it!

Yep the power support screen protector is excellent for No finger smudges. I giggle every time is sit near a person with a wiper cloth on their lap, Its almost like a dance swipe, read, read them wipe off the screen. (abbr.) Or if they want to show you and article, clean then show.
For me I rarely wipe down my screen, no need. And anti-glare is a must.
However I want to be clear , I haven't tried or test every sp in the world . I just know for me PowerSupport is the perfect choice.

"Post with pictures it helps everyone"

Last edited:

Fedricwalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine on line on the company website. Several bucks cheaper than Amazon because they are having a sale.

Does anyone know whether it is a single size for all iPad models? I bought for my iPad 1, but have just decided to get an iPad 3. As I haven't put it on yet, I am thinking f holding off until I get my iPad 3 and use it on that one.
Totally agreed, Amazon is best source to find best product in best price in quick services. I purchased my iPad 2 from there and its very cheaper then its market price on that time. You should also visit Apple's official site for hunting adjustable screen guard and other product with quality.

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I have to admit. Amazon has some legitimate screen protectors. Originally I purchased cheap ones off ebay, but I switched to ArmorSuits which is pretty solid.

I haven't had a chance to look into power suport though

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am so totally pleased with the new Zagg HD screen cover. Doesn't have that draggy rubber feel, very smooth. Easy to install. And doesn't give that slight distortion the old one had.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
I am so totally pleased with the new Zagg HD screen cover. Doesn't have that draggy rubber feel, very smooth. Easy to install. And doesn't give that slight distortion the old one had.

Which iPad are you using? I have the new iPad and don't want to ruin its pristine resolution.

I have the regular Zagg on my 1st gen iPad and an Android tablet. Very draggy feel, and it is hard on styluses IHMO.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had all three. Current one is iPad 3 or the new one. I have had the "old" Zagg on the others, but this one is much improved with the tactile feel and acuity. This one does not have the draggy feeling at all, very smooth. I felt using the stylish pen on the old ones would pull at the pen, not this HD one. Feels like the glass without any cover. My son, who I gave the iPad2 to could not tell I had one on.

Last edited:

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
I have had all three. Current one is iPad 3 or the new one. I have had the "old" Zagg on the others, but this one is much improved with the tactile feel and acuity. This one does not have the draggy feeling at all, very smooth. I felt using the stylish pen on the old ones would pull at the pen, not this HD one. Feels like the glass without any cover. My son, who I gave the iPad2 to could not tell I had one on.

Yeah that is good to know because I don't want to install a protector myself. Best Buy will install the screen protector for me, for a fee of course. I saw the Zagg HD screen protector yesterday for $40 at Best Buy. I damaged the nibs on my Bamboo stylus using the old screen protector. Fortunately Wacom has replacement nibs for the Bamboo stylus.

I like to hear if anyone else had the same experience with the new Zagg HD screen protector.

jonkers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I swear Zagg invisibleSHIELD for my iPhone, has anyone tried the iPad version? Would be interested if they are as good if anyone has tried them?[h=3][/h]

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've heard some negative things about the zagg that they have an orangeish effect?

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I said above, the NEW Zagg HD does NOT have the orange peel effect on it.

cajunmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the same screen cover, yet I washed mine and now it does not stay on. Seems the sticky part that is placed on the border of the pad, does not stick. And I bought this crappy cover from the AT&T store

Most reactions

Latest posts