What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I could use some help with note taking

rehutto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize if this is dealt with elsewhere but I didn't see a thread that specifically addressed this. I do a lot of listening to lectures and I need to take good notes. So really this breaks down into two questions.

1. PDF. Some of my notes are given to me in outline form via PDF. I can add notes to them easily enough with goodreader but have no good way of then putting them on my Mac and adding new notes. I have PDFEditor but the two apps don't seem to play nice together. When I add notes on the Mac my iPad has a hard time recognizing the notes and visversa. Any suggestions?

2. Free hand. Some classes require me to pull up a word processor and just take notes. I use pages for this. The problem is that Pages doesn't work all that well for note taking as you usually need to do bullet points, use the tab key, and then tiered numbers for topics and their sub topics. So the only way I can see is to manually tab and add new numbers, this however is too time consuming when trying to quickly write notes as the teacher is speaking. This as well I need to be able move back and forth between my iPad and Mac without messing up the formatting. Any suggestion?

Thanks guys,

OP
R

rehutto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try the flattening and see if that makes my PDFs work better. @svenster- does notability format with the Mac? How do you view it on your Mac?

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rehutto said:
Thanks guys. I will try the flattening and see if that makes my PDFs work better. @svenster- does notability format with the Mac? How do you view it on your Mac?

Can't help with that as I don't have a Mac. I use Notability to take notes and it has bullet/ numbering and ident.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

steveatesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rehutto said:

Hi I bought notability on the strength of this thread and it does export in a format suitable the Mac. It exports in format suitable for windows or mac computers (RTF, RTFD, PDF and Notability) Must say after just 30 minutes playing with it I am very impressed- for the cost it's a steal! It even exports your notes and any voice recordings together seamlessly.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused on your needs but I thought that Adobe Reader could actually extract text out of some PDF documents in case if that helps.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

Most reactions

Latest posts