What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad note taking apps, for college lectures

HankLOL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad note taking apps

I really enjoy using Scribable (scribableapp.com). It let's you write continuous notes on your iPad.

iOSjess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would recommend you check Notability. It's super cheap and it syncs with Dropbox and other cloud services. Also exports to PDF, etc. I found good feedback from students on their FB page. :)

Jess

mikebo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Circus Ponies Notebook. Rather pricey, but well worth it.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Circus Ponies Notebook. Rather pricey, but well worth it.

That's obscenely expensive for a note taking app, and reading the features I'm confused on what it does over some of the other note taking apps..

I know this post is old, but I've bought around five or six of the big named ones, including most of the ones mentioned here.

Noteshelf was my favorite, but it was replaced by remarks after remarks recently updated their writing engine...it's now the best I've experienced writing wise.

I have both the bamboo stylus and Targus executive. I prefer the bamboo one, it's weight is nice and so is the balance, but the Targus is a nice all in one alternative..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DocSocket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like "Chapters - Notebooks for writing"
It's more diary-ish but it has built-in dropbox sync which can be handy when you've accumulated many notes:

djc45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that will allow handwritten or typed notes as mentioned above, but also allow me to import a scan from my iPad's camera of a paper handout. I've got a scanner app that will scan to PDF a paper handout, but would like a note taking app that I can import the scanned handout notes into.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that will allow handwritten or typed notes as mentioned above, but also allow me to import a scan from my iPad's camera of a paper handout. I've got a scanner app that will scan to PDF a paper handout, but would like a note taking app that I can import the scanned handout notes into.

I think the majority allow that..

I know for sure note taker hd and DocAS do though. As long as the program you're taking pics with allows opening them in a diff app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PaulSchrader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notesdeck for Dropbox Evernote and Simplenote

I HIGHLY recommend Notesdeck :thumbs: for note taking on iPad. My school notes show up on all my devices instantly (iPad, Mac and iPhone). NotesDeck syncs with Evernote and Dropbox (!!!) so all my old notes from other apps are already in it.

It's much cleaner than that yellow Notes app. Much more professional, but not as crazy and busy as Evernote. And it has option of opening to a new note (useful on iPhone 5).

Thanks,

Paul :D

Peterbilt923

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PaulSchrader said:
I HIGHLY recommend Notesdeck :thumbs: for note taking on iPad. My school notes show up on all my devices instantly (iPad, Mac and iPhone). NotesDeck syncs with Evernote and Dropbox (!!!) so all my old notes from other apps are already in it.

It's much cleaner than that yellow Notes app. Much more professional, but not as crazy and busy as Evernote. And it has option of opening to a new note (useful on iPhone 5).

Thanks,

Paul :D

Thanks Paul ! Have to try this :)

Most reactions

Latest posts