What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can't play youtube videos

Bahi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting yesterday I can't play YouTube videos via YouTube app and using other browsers not playing as well
I'm only have this problem ?
any body have any info about this ?
Did the youtube license is finished all ready ????

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm using the Youtube app right now and it seems to be working fine.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am having problem on youtube with my new ipad too. From the bookmark of my mac safari, I can access/play youtube video. But from the same bookmark of my ipad safari, it almost always says "could not load the movie"! Another question: It worked once before, but it's very annoying that after the video is done, there is no way to return to safari. All can be done is to hit home button and re-open safari again. Why can't I hit a youtube bookmark and go to the youtube page to play video there and keep my safari open (just like in a mac) and ... ??? Thanks for help.

rockstr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you click a link in Safari that takes you to a YouTube video in the YouTube app, you can return directly back to Safari by swiping from right to left with four fingers. The four finger swipe can be used to switch among all of your running apps.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi rockstr, thanks much. I realize (but still not used to) ipad is all about touch screen and using fingers. So you answered/solved my 2nd question. I guess the issue of the original post and my 1st question still remain unresolved. I just wonder when ios6 out, the built-in youtube will be gone and what will happen if people want to view YT video? a new app? ...

rockstr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome. I wish I had a solution for the first problem, but YouTube is working properly on mine. Hope someone has had and solved that problem and can help you with it.

Reaction score
This happens to me sometimes, I reboot my iPad usually, or if you just turn it off and leave it for a while it may continue working, or maybe there is something wrong with Internet connection.

Most reactions