What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can not read ebooks on iPad

DavidSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot read my ebooks on iPad. The format of ebooks are .pdf format. I have tried that but it is hard to work. ibooks can not work either. So, any good suggestions?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
iBooks is ePub format, the ebook standard. Go to the app store, pay 99 cents and get "goodreader". Goodreader is an excellent PDF and PDF ebook reader.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
x2 Everyone seems to recommend GoodReader. I've downloaded it in advance of getting my iToy.

Satoshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried CloudReaders, a free PDF/comic reader for iPad. It is simpler than GoodReader, but is a lot faster. I am a developer of this application, and I'd appreciate your feedback (twitter:snakajima).

OP
D

DavidSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Breman, I have bought Goodreader and it is very useful for me. I would not need to convert my .pdf to .epub and can directly view them. But I am not sure it would also work on my iPhone since I wanna read ebooks of .pdf format sometimes.

sambrogio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a program called calibre...its free and converts pdf to epub. It also has windows and mac versions

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Calibre is great for converting, but it can be a pain. PDF's can cause strange issues when converting to another format. Calibre has ways of doing it, often by trial and error. I used it a lot when I used a Sony reader. But, on the iPad you can read many different formats. It is so much easier to leave the book in it's native format (in this case PDF) and read it using the proper app (in this case Goodreader).

Plus of course the fact Calibre cannot convert a DRM'ed book.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Thanks Breman, I have bought Goodreader and it is very useful for me. I would not need to convert my .pdf to .epub and can directly view them. But I am not sure it would also work on my iPhone since I wanna read ebooks of .pdf format sometimes.

Simply search. There is a free lite version of Goodreader for the iPhone....

Most reactions

Latest posts