What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 and ebooks query

saberdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=2]ipad and ebooks query[/h]
hello everyone!
i m thinking of buying ipad 3or 2
1.i use an ebook about 80mb and it is html format. when i search the book i want the results to appear as good as they appear in windows html viewer on my p.c. this is imp to me cos i want to refer the book constantly.in short is there an efficiently searchable ebook reader on the ipad which can read all formats?
2.what max. ext. drive does the ipad 3 support?
plz reply.​

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[h=2]ipad and ebooks query[/h]
hello everyone!
i m thinking of buying ipad 3or 2
1.i use an ebook about 80mb and it is html format. when i search the book i want the results to appear as good as they appear in windows html viewer on my p.c. this is imp to me cos i want to refer the book constantly.in short is there an efficiently searchable ebook reader on the ipad which can read all formats?
2.what max. ext. drive does the ipad 3 support?
plz reply.​

If you are looking for an e-reader for an HTML file, I would say that Safari is just as good as any. It's a web browser and that’s all HTML is, coding for web pages. You can search using Safari.

The iPad3 does not support an external drive. There are no additional external drives that can be hooked up to the iPad. However, there are some storage devices (such as the Seagate GoFlex Satellite or the Air Stash) that may work for you. You can stream documents back and forth between either one and the iPad.

With all that said - please don't start another thread about this same discussion. It fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow. And, it's against our rules. So, please keep any follow up questions or discussion to this thread (I've deleted the other you started).

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

OP
S

saberdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@mickey...thanks for the reply....ya i thought its against rules..;) but cudnt help posting it there cos it had more people "viewing" at a given time
so the ipad does hav a good ebook reader??
1.and i was thinking that what if i drop it while reading or keep it in my bag along with heavy books..is it ok for rough use?
2.if it does not hav an external drive reader how do i transfer files from laptop to ipad?

Most reactions

Latest posts