What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hyperlinks in pdf on ipad not working

nzw1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed PDF Reader Pro edition on to an IPad. this app states that hyperlinks work on an IPad. I then create a PDF document on a PC 3 different ways. 1 with word-pdf, 2 primo - pdf, 3 nitro - pdf. all 3 starting with a word document. Then email to the IPad. then open them with PDF Reader Pro, In the hyperlinks I put h t t p : / / first. but the hyperlinks do not work. does anyone know the way to create a PDF document so the hyperlinks work on an IPad. Or why PDF Reader Pro isn't working and going to the hyperlinks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' use PDF Reader Pro, but if it is the linked app the description does not say it support all types of hyperlinks, only those that go back and forth within a document.

The http prefix for a hyperlink means it goes to a website, and would need to open either a built in or external browser to view the site. I see nothing in the description that says the app will or won't do this. You should probably go to the Developer's support site and ask them.

Or, if you are lucky, someone else who uses the app will wander by and give you better information.

Good luck.

rjsk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your hyperlink is not working then it may be a problem with you hyperlink. First check you hyperlink is it ok?

Most reactions