What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hulu by May 24th?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
" Access will cost $9.95 for which users will gain access to Hulu’s complete back catalogue of TV shows. You’ll still be able to watch five current TV show episodes for free, but older episodes will cost. "

This quote wins the most confusing sentences award. I think they are saying that the five most recent episodes are free. That is why they said "free" instead of "included". If you want more then the 9.95 applies.

Yeah I'm still confused. Could be that they changed their mind and decided to do a free or premium service for the iPad but all the original reports said they were going to charge just to use the service and still have commercials...which i personally believe would fail miserably.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't wait until broadcast television dies.

Well based on the current state of what passes for entertainment ie: dancing with the stars etc. You won't have to wait for it's death too much longer.

That's the truth, sadly tho all of that will stay and probably get stronger of broadcast is replaced by online vod. It is cheap to produce and very profitable.

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already cut my ties, using Roku & hulu and OTA and if Hulu can do a decent stream they have my $10.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have playon and wouldn't consider spending a dime to watch back episodes of mostly old TV shows and obscure movies.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have playon and wouldn't consider spending a dime to watch back episodes of mostly old TV shows and obscure movies.

I wish they would have play on for iPad, or add support to air video server or something.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Netflix is a much better deal. For ten bucks you have access to a much better library IMO. Lost, 24, Heroes, Dexter. Their movie library needs some work but with 30k titles iirc you'll find a good bit of good. stuff. Ive got playon and I think the programming is stale though I haven't watched recently. BTW I have no complaints about the Netflix app though I don't use it much. Playback is quite good.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Netflix is a much better deal. For ten bucks you have access to a much better library IMO. Lost, 24, Heroes, Dexter. Their movie library needs some work but with 30k titles iirc you'll find a good bit of good. stuff. Ive got playon and I think the programming is stale though I haven't watched recently. BTW I have no complaints about the Netflix app though I don't use it much. Playback is quite good.

I use netflix ALL the time on my iPad and my PS3....streaming content is def the future of delivery...which is what i've been saying for years!

OP
E

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's it. Heard way too much about netflix from you guys to resist. Started my free trial and I'm waiting for the ps3 disk. Once I get the 3G then I'll be set! Thanks guys...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's it. Heard way too much about netflix from you guys to resist. Started my free trial and I'm waiting for the ps3 disk. Once I get the 3G then I'll be set! Thanks guys...

Ps3 HD content is pretty unreal.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can play NetFlix streams on my blu-ray player some of which are HD (720p most likely), add that I also get Blu-Ray delivered makes NetFlix a great deal. I'm Looking forward to April 30 so I can try out the NetFlix app; NetFlix streams looked great on my brother's iPad (lucky b@stard).

Most reactions