What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy from Atlanta

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy, folks. I'm Jim Chambers, a retired civil engineer. I'm married to Deborah, and we have no kids.

I've written one book (so far) titled "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties."

I have an Amazon Kindle, but I also use my iPad for reading ebooks. And for playing games (don't ask how long it took me to clear every level of "Angry Birds").

Cheers,
JimC

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Recollections-Boomers-Memories-Fabulous-ebook/dp/B002H9XTWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1270506746&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties…[/ame]

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad to have you here Jim!

I have to say I sold my sony reader after getting the iPad. The iPad is for me a much better readng experience....... Plus, in like being able to buy books and read them from just about any ebook store.....

Anyway, dig right in to the site, and enjoy. :)

OP
J

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Bremen. I have to say up front that as fiercely loyal as I am to the Kindle, the iPad does make a better ebook reader. Of course there are a lot of other issues involved in comparing the two devices, and no doubt their differences and relative merits have already been debated ad infinitum.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My kindle sits unused. I transferred the books to my iPad Kindle app, and haven't looked back. Had plans to give my kindle to family, but once they see my iPad, they don't want it! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts