What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy From Arizona & hand shakes all around

c ellmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newbie in the process of buying an iPad. I am a techno advocate with 2 iPhones (S&4), 2 Android Phones (S3 & Thunderbolt) and an original Kindle Fire dispersed through my family. The 7 inch screen on the fire doesn't work that well for my work (and Play) so I have decided to get myself an iPad for Christmas (or the holidays for those inclined). I missed the Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals and now I am scouring the internet for a 16GB WIFI 2 or W/Retina. I have thought about a 3rd Generation Refurb but not sure how much I would be short changing myself. Found a guy online selling a 2 month old Retina 16 with extended care for $370 but he lives in Boston and doesn't trust in anything but cash. Anyways I digress, if anyone has suggestions sales or comments about my quest I read and appreciate all.

OP
c ellmate

c ellmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I would update the throngs who are checking this post hourly to see what I bought and how much I paid.
Drum roll Please

iPad With Retina Display won out over the Official iPad 2 and my brief flirtation with refurbs.

I bought it from the Oregon (Go Ducks) company PowerMax, Easy Peasy Technoteasy order process (over the phone no less) standard $499 price with a $10 discount for signing up to their email blast, free shipping and no Tax.

I would like to share the shipping/invoice receipt I got an hour later.

This from the Shipping Notice:
If you're not overly familiar with Oregon, or Oregonians in particular, here are some thoughts to ponder as you wait for your goodies.
Some people refer to Oregonians as tree huggers. It's true, most of us love our trees, and in fact are willing to put up with all the rain just so we can keep lovin' 'em. We also call all our beaches simply: The Coast. We like to think of it as one long sandbox. When we feel a little too harried, we just go down to the coast, crack open a bottle of one of our famous Northwest microbrews, and sit in the rain watching the waves. Even if you don't live near our coast, if you start to get antsy about when your package is going to arrive, just picture sitting on that beach, imagining the pounding of the waves and the sounds of nature (your buddy's belch from the beer doesn't count), and soon everything's gonna be all right. We sincerely thank you for your business... and if you don't have a tree around to hug, find someone you love!

Stay Tuned

Most reactions

Latest posts