What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will u really improve the next iPad ( not fantasy)

Amp1216

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a non smudge screen glare reduction make it even faster make it more customizable like almost it's jailbroken yea longer battery there is a lot soooooo I didn't get the the new iPad but a have a iPad 2 I will wait for the fourth and let's see what happens! Who know what people at apple are thinking of they probley have a huge list and they do what they can there are some smart people there well I hope so!

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A.K said:
I'm not trying to get some fantasy answers like what we all dream from next iPad like no bezel or what ever.but the
Realistic developments for next iPad
I was thinking about whether to choose ipad2 or 3 for my mother .and then this thought came to my mind.how can u possibly improve the next ipad or has it reached a plateau phase like the macs and pcs ?

The display is done ...can u really improve that for next...IMO no.
And possibly a quad core processor. But the present one runs so smooth even with infinity blade which is one of the heaviest games available.so for sake of improving a quad core will be there.
Camera?anymore than this on a tablet is a waste .really.

The only change they can make is a change in design .that will be nice.
And a significant change that can be made is opening up the iOS without force feeding iTunes but we all know that will never happen.
I guess the iPad has reached a plateau phase and only slight incremental upgrades like in macs and pcs will be available in each new versions.no drastic jaw dropping changes .atleast I don't expect that.

Already???

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have voice cell phone service on my iPad. Most of the time I have my cell phone on speaker mode anyway. One less device to carry around and manage.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

You can do that now, you just need a VOIP app.

OP
A

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that I really thought about it one improvement they can make without deviating from their philosophy of iTunes sync is :

Incorporate an sd card which won't act as a mass memory. But we can move the apps and heavy games downloaded from AppStore to sd card from the iPad like we do in android phones with barebones internal memory . That will be really useful. I don't know if it's practically possible but think about that it will give a lot of flexibility to the lower memory iPads and there won't be a significant expense in incorporating that coz sd cards are real cheap which is the major reason most android oem prefer it for lower end phones.

And about a bezel less display .it will be a real pain to use that especially in a tablet.
And as one person said a slide out keyboard which will be fantastic .the thickness will increase a bit but anyways we are not able to carry our iPad in a pocket .a bag is needed so it won't make much difference.

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good question... How planning go on these things... Apple has done this for probably through 2015 or 2016.

Software...

A way to read thumb drive for people that go to conference that are handed the pertain data when they attend. I can see this changing in the future. But a lot of Dr clients I handle need this feature today. Like at E3 last year. You could down load what you wanted. Know it wont occur soon.

Ability to import video from some of the DSLR cameras... Sounds strange but it does not like my t2i mov videos...

On hardware...

Hum... It pretty close right now... Maybe a flexible screen. Think this is the real reason why SJ did not want a 7" screen. It limited esp when you add in a keyboard on it. Its coming but still a few years away.

External Items...

The real change I would love to see and not really a iPad item is a small printer. Yes something small for like a contractor or anyone that needs to print and hand a document to some one.

Final....

Over all was very happy with the original iPad! And ecstatic over the 3th gen version! Was going to replace an orginal netbook with a bigger laptop. This fill the requirements I need out in the field.

When you think less than three years a go this or like this did not really exist its pretty remarkable!

ElderDruid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mystro said:
It's a bit louder.

Not necessarily, based on my testing.

I have an iPad 2 and the new iPad here, and running the same songs/videos on one while running a db meter on the other shows a consistent 5 db lower value for the new iPad.

And I do have the iPad being tested and the iPad running the meter in the same orientation/position relative to the other on each test.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good question... How planning go on these things... Apple has done this for probably through 2015 or 2016.

Software...

A way to read thumb drive for people that go to conference that are handed the pertain data when they attend. I can see this changing in the future. But a lot of Dr clients I handle need this feature today. Like at E3 last year. You could down load what you wanted. Know it wont occur soon.

Ability to import video from some of the DSLR cameras... Sounds strange but it does not like my t2i mov videos...

The camera kit allows connecting USB and SD cards to the iPad. What is needed is a way to easily transmit the information to iPads. Ideally, you could set up a BT 4.0 hub that each participant could connect to, and then it would send a folder to the devices. Or flash drives/SD cards could have the information in .JPG format which could be accepted by the iPad. There is always the option of sending it email which is more flexible. It may get to where people have business cards that have a SD card component where the card is stuck into an SD card slot and it downloads name/business/phone/email/etc.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is considered retina...but it is 264 ppi where as the iPhone 4/4s is like 324 ppi or something like that.....it would be really expensive to have that resolution on iPad plus it would mess up their scaling scheme. And yes, 4x the pixels we have now would be more than is needed, so this won't be happening....and neither will the 324 ppi screen. But that is ok by me.

Pixel density doesn't need to increase on iPad to match iPhone's display, because the devices are used at diff distances from your eyes:

Apple's New Retina Display: Do All Those Pixels Matter? | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like more battery life, lighter weight.

I'd also like a 7" or 8" iPad, which I'd buy in addition to the current size.

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The camera kit allows connecting USB and SD cards to the iPad. What is needed is a way to easily transmit the information to iPads. Ideally, you could set up a BT 4.0 hub that each participant could connect to, and then it would send a folder to the devices. Or flash drives/SD cards could have the information in .JPG format which could be accepted by the iPad. There is always the option of sending it email which is more flexible. It may get to where people have business cards that have a SD card component where the card is stuck into an SD card slot and it downloads name/business/phone/email/etc.

Yep. Have the camera kit and another SD to iPad adapter that can pull data. Just not one that can handle USB Thumbdrives.

I can see where these conference lets them download from a lock web site. Actual cheaper than doing USB drives with that info. Working on a easy path for my clients to use right now.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would invent something other than a man bag to carry it around in without letting every thief know I have one.

Most reactions

Latest posts