What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how turn wifi OFF/ON without the need to reenter wifi password

lse123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I leave while ipad is ON, wifi always ON, battery it will last shorter than, turn wifi off if do NOT needed?
how turn wifi OFF/ON without the need to reenter wifi password?

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I leave while ipad is ON, wifi always ON, battery it will last shorter than, turn wifi off if do NOT needed?
how turn wifi OFF/ON without the need to reenter wifi password?

It does not require to re-enter the WAP/WEP.. code. It is stored. I do turn it off/on many times without requiring the code. It does require to enter a code when you are signing in another protected wifi spot.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You shouldn't need to re-enter, but some people are experiencing issues with wifi disconnecting and requiring you to re-enter you wep key. Its only happened to me once, but its a pain having to retype that thing. Hopefully, it gets fixed in the update coming. Supposedly you can fix it by changing to WPA instead of WEP on your router. Of course, this assumes you are connecting you your own router and not a public hotspot or such.

OP
L

lse123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how I disable temporary, the wifi, but still read an ebook in ipad?

U62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how I disable temporary, the wifi, but still read an ebook in ipad?

Tap your settings icon (it's the grey/silver one with the cog/gearwheel image). Then select 'wifi' from the menu. Then move the wifi slider to 'off'.

Hopefully you can work out how to turn it back on again on your own;)

OP
L

lse123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I headphone jack can accept ear buds with mic/speaker? is it input / output or only output?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lse123, the iPad user's guide is also available in German, Italian, French and Chinese if you prefer a language other than English.

Apple - Support - Manuals

While we are very happy to answer your questions, you can find many answers in the user's manual.

OP
L

lse123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it compatible with input the jack? yes / no I appreciate this kind of fast answer rather, so please answer...

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WiFi doesn't drain that much of the battery when idle so why would you really want to shut it off anyways? On the other hand 3G is a different story.

Most reactions

Latest posts