What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to view, select, and copy webpage source code? Ipad iOS 9

Jim Reynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend needs to view, select, copy, and paste source code for webpages using Safari on iOS 9.

She tells me she was able to do so "until an OS update last year". Now she can view source code for a website, but she cannot select it to copy and paste.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know how she is viewing the source code, so I can't guess how to copy/paste it. As far as I know Safari 9, and now Safari 10, does not have a View Source feature. It used to, but lost it some versions ago. I'm not sure when.

There appear to be quite a few apps in the store that are designed to let you view the source code of sites. I can't recomend one, since I haven't used any of them; but I recommend looking though them. She should look for one that has a share extention, so that she can view the source code without having to leave Safari.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still curious about how your friend is viewing source code in Safari; if it's not too much trouble to find out. The only thing I'm finding is a round about solution that uses javascript. Not ideal.

Most reactions